PDA

View Full Version : 4 yo Halloween Party Ideas?

joyful mommy
10-14-2008, 07:54 AM
Anyone have any fun ideas for a 4 year old Halloween Party? Snacks, craft, etc.? I'm thinking maybe 1/2 hour or so.

Thanks for any suggestions!

caleymama
10-14-2008, 09:35 AM
We were just at a 4th birthday party this past weekend (just a regular old backyard birthday party) and the crafts the mom did were Halloween themed.

She had wood ghosts for the kids to paint - probably from Michael's or AC Moore. She put out little cups (like the condiment cups at a fast food restaurant) of orange, green, and white paint at intervals along the table with a brush for each color and the kids had fun painting their ghosts. She also had pictures of jack-o-lanterns printed out for the kids to color and baskets of crayons.

Those were simple and straightforward crafts, but the kids loved them and they were easy to set up and clean up.

Foam stickies are fun too - older DD has a Halloween themed set. I'm sure they are available at any craft store.

Tondi G
10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I always look at the Family Fun website for inspiration!

http://familyfun.go.com/

sunriseiz
10-14-2008, 07:21 PM
DD's birthday is just a few days before Halloween, so we've always had some type of 'fall' party that's usually pumpkin themed. We have decorated pie pumpkins with all types of stickers (including faces), glitter, etc, depending on the age. For food, we have pumpkin fluff dip (allrecipes) and pumpkin cake. Coloring is good and we have even bobbed for apples...kind of! ;) Have fun!