PDA

View Full Version : Need a cool and not too expensive art/craft gift for a 3yo

doberbrat
10-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I invited one of dd's friends from swim class to her bday party and was blown away by what they got her. So I'm feeling like I should reciprocate. she doesnt like dressup/dolls much but really seemed to enjoy the art/craft project I set up for them (decorating crowns)

any ideas? her party is this coming sat! budget is ~$20-30

jhrabosk
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
The arts & crafts company Alex makes all sorts of cute kits...friends gave my (almost 3) DD one for making greeting cards. DD didn't "get it" 100%, but she really enjoyed making them!

Or, you could go to AC Moore or Michael's and buy an assortment of craft supplies? Maybe the ingredients for a specific craft?

MamaKath
10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
What about an Arts and Crafts book of projects from the Borders Bargain section (they often have some neat Family Fun ones or the like) with some simple supplies in a rubbermaid?

As far as premaid kits I love the Creativity for Kids (and have been VERY impressed with their customer service) and the Klutz books for little kids (about $15 each).

veronica
10-14-2008, 01:49 PM
I just got a steppint stone kit at Michael's this weekend for $12.99 (8 inches instead of the larger one) You can put pictures in little stones and letters. Looks really cute. We are using it for a wedding gift from our DC's to our friends. With a 50% off coupon floating out there , it would be really cheap and you could pick up other craft stuff if you wanted.

sunriseiz
10-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Ditto'ing the Alex kits and Klutz books. All have been hits around here!

brittone2
10-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Do a Dot markers? (Michaels carries a less expensive version). They also have books, etc. that go with them, although I don't have any experience with those.