PDA

View Full Version : Glider Arm Pads??

Jackieluv
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi, I have a glider rocker already but it has wooden arms (no pads). Does anyone know where I can get pads for the arms....and is it really necessary when it comes down to it?? Thank you!!!:wavey:

MamaMolly
10-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I don't know where you can get them, but IME they are necessary. My first glider had wooden arms and I thought I'd die. Imagine resting your forearms and elbows on those wooden things for at least 15 minutes every two hours or so, day and night. And day and night. I got so sore. I tried lining the chair with blankets or towels and it was really hard to get them positioned correctly because I was more concerned with positioning DD correctly IYKWIM ;).

I bought my second glider (a duitailer) at the Salvation Army for $40. DD is two and we still use it every day.

Try googling duitailer and see if they sell replacement pads. Mine snap on and off, so I think it is possible. Then again I don't know how you'd get them to stay on your chair because one part of the snap is on the pad and one on the arm. Other than that I know I see the chairs listed all the time in my local Craig's list.

HTH