PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like nesting, not pg-Anyone else?

Sugar Magnolia
10-15-2008, 08:53 AM
The last 3 days I have had a surge of energy. Like I have been drinking 15 espressos every hour. Its unbelievable. And all I want to do is clean and organize.

This week I have already rearranged my boys bedroom (they have bunk beds and I moved them myself!), dd's room, and dh and my room. I have reorganized all the closets and today I woke up early because I want to clean and reorganize my laundry room. This is not normal!

Has anyone felt like this before? Is it the weather or the moon? Maybe I have just officially lost my mind!

Amy

Happy 2B mommy
10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Haven't gone through anything like this, but just wanted to invite you over to my house! Is tomorrow good for you?

kransden
10-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Can you come over to my house too?! :)

randomkid
10-15-2008, 11:03 AM
The last 3 days I have had a surge of energy. Like I have been drinking 15 espressos every hour. Its unbelievable. And all I want to do is clean and organize.

This week I have already rearranged my boys bedroom (they have bunk beds and I moved them myself!), dd's room, and dh and my room. I have reorganized all the closets and today I woke up early because I want to clean and reorganize my laundry room. This is not normal!

Has anyone felt like this before? Is it the weather or the moon? Maybe I have just officially lost my mind!

Amy

I've felt it before, but usually on days I have to go to work. I attribute it to the fact that I don't WANT to go to work - LOL! Not usually on my days off.

If you run out of things to do, you're welcome to come organize my messy house. I get started on a project, but run out of time (DD wakes up from nap, have to pick her up, DD gets sick, have to go to work, etc) and it takes weeks before I get back to it.

AuGoldie
10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Like PP this happens to me a lot right before I'm going to do a task I don't want to do. Like in college minutes before I was about to start writing a paper I would suddenly need to reorganize my closet or mop the floors. Also, it happens to a lesser degree when the weather starts getting cooler, I'll want to organize my kitchen and supplies for baking etc. But I live in Miami so cooler means 70's in mid-january.
Jackie

lisams
10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
I've noticed I get this way when the seasons start to change. DH just looks at me like I've lost my mind!

WatchingThemGrow
10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I want this to happen, but it rarely does. Did you read something that might have sparked it? Did you watch/see something that brought it on?

linsei
10-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I've noticed I get this way when the seasons start to change. DH just looks at me like I've lost my mind!

That's when I notice it too. I'm in the process of washing all the curtains and sheers in our great room. Scrubbed the foyer floor yesterday. I wish I were always that motivated. (Sigh)

Ha! I got that look from dh last night!

kijip
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Harness it! Use it! Relish it ! QUICK before it is gone. ;)

I get like this at the changing seasons too, especially summer to winter and winter to spring.

I am already starting to nest a bit, which considering I have 12+ weeks to go is weird. Nesting while nauseated = trying to climb out of the sorting piles in the middle of the garage to hit the bathroom "in time". Gross.

bubbaray
10-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Another invite -- I'll bake cookies! :)

HIU8
10-15-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm so in that mode. I'm decluttering my house. I just got rid of towels with holes in them (yes, we actually were using them b/c I never took them out of the linen closet). I've consigned a bunch of my kids clothes. Next I'm selling/giving away all the baby equipment, anything we never use and I'm literally dumping boxes my husband has refused to go through (I sincerely hope he has nothing in those boxes he wants because it is getting dumped this weekend--he knows this---his loss if anything is of value (monetary or memorabelia). We need to clear the basement to do something about the mold on the cinderblock -DH swears we don't have it, but he is 100% wrong--it's right there on the wall, the smell and figure out if we can make it a play space for the kids--which we desperately need!!

randomkid
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I am already starting to nest a bit, which considering I have 12+ weeks to go is weird. Nesting while nauseated = trying to climb out of the sorting piles in the middle of the garage to hit the bathroom "in time". Gross.

Katie:
I've been wondering how you're doing. I so feel for you. I had nausea 24/7 until DD was born and vomited up to 24 weeks. I stopped vomiting after 24 weeks, so maybe there is hope for you yet. The nausea didn't go away, though. Nesting is soooo hard when you feel so bad. Don't know how you're doing it with a 5yo around! Maybe your body is signaling you to nest earlier than usual since it will likely take you longer than it would otherwise. :)