PDA

View Full Version : where to buy several toys on internet

mominmarch
10-15-2008, 12:42 PM
I am a working mother of a 19 month old, and evenings and weekends are very hard to do B&M shopping. Thus I buy a lot over the internet and try to find the best deals in this rotten economy, but I often do things piecemeal. I am proud of myself for recently assembling a short list of some toys that we will get our daughter for Christmas and now am trying to figure out if I should buy them all at one place (Amazon) while they are in stock, wait for sales and discounts, or what. I have never used (or learned about) ebates which I am ashamed to admit. But our list includes a Kettler tricycle, a baby stella doll and a corelle doll and some accessories, some fisher-price snap 'n style dolls and some tonka trucks Any advice for getting them now and holding them, or waiting? I am so trying to be more organized but I lack in this (admitting is half the problem) as an atty, I feel like I have to be super organized in transactions at work and our home life is feeling less and less organized every day. Any words of wisdom?

jenmcadams
10-15-2008, 12:43 PM
I buy a lot of toys/books on Amazon and buy most gifts there, so I have the Prime Membership (you pay $69 or $79 a year and you get free 2 day shipping)

fivi2
10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
I buy a ton of stuff on Amazon (and have the Prime membership pp refers to). BUT - I find their toy prices are often high. TRUS usually has cheaper toys (not always) but they charge for shipping, I think. For instance, when I bought snap and style dolls they were much cheaper at TRUS. But I actually went to the b&m store to avoid shipping, so that doesn't help you. I am bad about waiting if it is something I know I want to buy, but I do try to shop around for a good price and cheap shipping. But if it is a minimal difference I usually just go with Amazon, because it is easier for me! Sorry - that was confusing and not helpful!

WatchingThemGrow
10-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I tend to buy items from KidSurplus.com when I have a few to purchase together. They often have % off sales and free shipping on better toys. They don't have the TRU type items, but we've loved the nice things we've ordered from them.