PDA

View Full Version : How/Where do you keep dress up clothes for your kids?

HIU8
10-15-2008, 01:19 PM
DS and DD have some dress up stuff they like to wear around the house and pretend (it's really cute). I had the stuff mixed with their toys in a big toy box, but now I'm finding that I need to separate it. What do you use? We have to have this in our family room as it is the room that the kids play in (basement is unfinished and we have a problem with mice now, so they won't be allowed to play down there for the forseable future).

CiderLogan
10-15-2008, 01:48 PM
We have a big wall of Ikea bookshelves (can't remember the name) in our playroom. Some of the squares hold plastic storage bins. All our dressup stuff is in one of those. It's pretty much all crammed in there. It's up high so I can get it down only when I'm ready for a thousand plastic bracelets, hats, pretend crowns, and firefighter hats to take over my house.

bubbaray
10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
We have this Little Tikes Victorian Toy Bench:

http://houston.craigslist.org/bab/877899477.html

That is what we store the dress up stuff in.

KrisM
10-15-2008, 01:54 PM
We have one of those collapsable laundry hampers that it all gets dumped into.

Jen841
10-15-2008, 04:13 PM
We have the collaspable laundry bins, regular baskets and a suitcase with the accessories in it... we have a lot of dress ups! Counted 25 costumes we could loan out the other night, pathetic I know. I bought a bunch for less than a dollar a few years ago.

maestramommy
10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Dora has only one dressup dress right now. It's on a hanger on the lower bar of her closet. Arwyn's clothes hang there, but it's low enough for Dora to get the dress herself, and put it back herself. If the girls get more clothes, I'll probably use that bar for all of them.

They also have 2 hats each, and they just stacked on top of their stuffed animals in a large basket.

HIU8
10-15-2008, 04:36 PM
We have purses, play hats, dady'sold boy scout uniform, dady's old sportcoats, some costumes, bracelets etc... that the kids love to play with, but I'm sick of fishing out from between and inside of toys.

greatcanuk
10-15-2008, 06:39 PM
My DD has a lot of dress-up clothes, and I mean a lot. We use 2 of these flexible mesh bins from the Container Store, and they work great for us. They also fit perfectly in the Ikea Expedit.

http://containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?searchId=16473159&itemIndex=10&CATID=166&PRODID=72106

HTH,
Camille

mecawa
10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
We have a seperate playroom on our first floor and we keep DD's dress up stuff in one of the bottom drawers of the entertainment unit in that room, we call it the "dress up drawer." We use to have the stuff in the toy box too, but it was getting to chaotic so we cleared out one of the drawers. You could try one of those rubbermaid type of totes, or maybe even a wicker type laundry hamper with a cover, or any type of basket really.

luvmypeanut
10-16-2008, 02:34 AM
DD has her dress up clothes on a rolling garment rack and shoes and accessories in a plastic bin. The jewelry is in various decorative boxes on her vanity table.