PDA

View Full Version : Yay Carter's!

mamaoftwins
10-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow - great customer service. I emailed them about a month ago re: two garments that did not survive past two washings. They immediately sent me an envelope to mail the articles to them. Today, I get a replacement onesie in the mail (next size up - good job!) and a check for the sunsuit (obviously, it's not warm enough for the sunsuit now). Great service, I'm super-pleased. :)

ETA: this might not belong in this forum b/c it's not a website, but I wasn't sure where else to put it!

WatchingThemGrow
10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
That is great! Don't you just LOVE when companies are sweet like that? LeTop replaced (and sized up too!) an outfit DS got as a gift when a snap came off. Halo sent us a new sleepsack when DD bit the zipper to pieces (yikes!) Baby Jogger sent us a new FRAME when one wheel was making a little clunky noise.

Maybe I call them too often? Nah...I think they just need to fix things when their products don't stand up to reasonable wear.

Way to go you for following through!

citymama
10-16-2008, 01:42 AM
really? good for you both, being assertive about this stuff! my two gripes are both with naartje - a brand i bought once, and my sister bought once for my DD. two separate outfits bought at 2 distinct ages in different stores - each of them was missing a button/snap in a critical location! one was a romper, and one of the crotch snaps was missing - DD wore it like once. the snap was just never there from the day we bought it. the outfit my sister got DD lost 2 buttons the very first use - we never found it again. both incidents were over a year ago (the first one, 2 yrs ago) so i hesitate to call them now. i'm just going to steer clear of that brand.

AddiesMom
10-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Once I bought DD some 3-piece summer pj's and it had a decorative trim around the neck, it didn't stretch! After a few washings I couldn't get it over DD's head. They replaced all 3 pairs with a different version ASAP. WOW!

Haven't seen them do that type of trim again!

WatchingThemGrow
10-16-2008, 07:47 AM
really? good for you both, being assertive about this stuff! my two gripes are both with naartje - a brand i bought once, and my sister bought once for my DD. two separate outfits bought at 2 distinct ages in different stores - each of them was missing a button/snap in a critical location! one was a romper, and one of the crotch snaps was missing - DD wore it like once. the snap was just never there from the day we bought it. the outfit my sister got DD lost 2 buttons the very first use - we never found it again. both incidents were over a year ago (the first one, 2 yrs ago) so i hesitate to call them now. i'm just going to steer clear of that brand.

Personally, I'd still contact them and let them know. If you liked their stuff enough to buy it in the first place, but the quality wasn't as you expected, I bet they'd at least be glad to know. It is worth the call/email. You could even attach a digital photo of the outfits if you have them. Tell them you liked the outfits, but they broke and she couldn't wear them, and now she's in size ____ and you WANT to buy their stuff but don't want to take a chance with the quality. That's all true, right?

At a crazy Hanna/Boden/Catamini/Zutano yardsale, I picked up a Naartjie stretchy cotton top and pants that DD will likely LIVE in this winter - or when it drops from the 86 degree temps we're having. It is very cute, and I bet (since we dress our daughters the same :) ) you'd like it too!

DrSally
10-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, Carter's is really good about returns. I heard on this board that you can call them, they'll send an envelope for the return, and mail you a replacement (usually next size up). Great for busy moms. I buy a lot from them, and once and awhile, I've had new items with seams with unstitched sections in them, so there's a hole. I have been able to return and get replacements each time.