PDA

View Full Version : How may Trick or Treaters do you buy for?

bubbaray
10-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Spin off from the other polls -- how many ToT's do you get at your house? I see lots of you are buying what I consider more expensive stuff (play doh, glow bracelets). We get over 300 kids every year (some get bussed in from other distant suburbs!). Its NUTS.

Just wondering!

kayte
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Not at my house --but our close friend's live on a street where thousands of trick or treater are trucked in! Thousands! Their candy bill in in the several hundred dollars. The keeping up with the Jones on the decorating will set you back thousands as well. It's out of control. But fun to go to their house and watch the chaos from the porch.

elizabethkott
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Are you kidding me?! They BUS kids in to your area for Trick or Treating?! Your area must give out some pretty awesome treats!
Last year we had a grand total of eight trick or treaters. The previous year, and our first Halloween in this house, I wanted to be the "cool house" on the block, and so went out and got full sized candy bars for the "visitors". I thought it would be better to have more on hand than less, and therefore bought enough candy bars to outfit a small army. Granted, I was pregnant, and possibly needed an excuse to gorge myself, but I wound up eating Three Musketeers almost until Christmas. Not that that was a bad thing, mind you...
Dang it. Now I want a candy bar!!!

shawnandangel
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
I wish we had 300 ToT's! We usually get about 50, mostly children coming from other areas of town that we have never seen before. We are just starting to have children born in our neighborhood so hopefully we will see an increase in children, and ones we actually know from the neighborhood! Not that I mind giving candy to kids I don't know. Halloween is so much fun my husband and I just like sitting on the porch and seeing all the costumes and talking to the kids about their "characters" :)

CAM7
10-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I can't vote until someone tells me how many kids would it take to get rid of 7 bags of candy... two pieces each. :-)

beansprout13
10-15-2008, 10:07 PM
We get about 200-250 each year. It is totally chaotic (but so much fun!) in my neighborhood at Halloween.

elizabethkott
10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
I can't vote until someone tells me how many kids would it take to get rid of 7 bags of candy... two pieces each. :-)

You don't need kids.
PM me your address.

CAM7
10-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Heh heh. :-)

I think this year I'll buy the non-chocolate stuff...Skittles and Starbursts.

Last year I ate too much of the chocolate myself...lol!

I'm thinking we got over 100 kids? 30 pieces per bag X 7 = 210/2 = 110

Or is it 50 per bag.... ?

egoldber
10-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I don't think about in terms of numbers of ToTers. I buy 4 large bags of candy or whatever and give that out until it's gone.

randomkid
10-15-2008, 10:16 PM
I usually buy 3 boxes of Famous Amos cookies from Costco. 42 bags per box = 126 bags. We always run out of cookies before we run out of trick or treaters. It gets so late and DD is in bed, so DH will put out a sign - "Sorry - out of candy" or they will keep knocking on the door even with all our lights out!

Last year, we weren't here and I'm thinking we may not be here this year either. I love having T or T'ers come to the house. I missed it last year, so I may have to arrange something to at least be here for a while.

CAM7
10-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey do you all have someone stay at the house while one of you takes the kids out? Or do you shut off the lights and everyone goes out?

bubbaray
10-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Last year, we had a friend do "door duty" for 30 min. while we took the girls out together. This year, we'll probably alternate. Its kinda DH's thing.

bubbaray
10-15-2008, 10:20 PM
Are you kidding me?! They BUS kids in to your area for Trick or Treating?! Your area must give out some pretty awesome treats!

Well, yeah, DH buys the good stuff. Frankly, given that I now know that most of these kids aren't from our area, I would have no qualms about buying the cheapo dollar store crap. DH won't, though.

Oh, and I think kids are bused (bussed? how do you spell that?!) here b/c the neighborhood does a lot of decorations. Almost as much as Christmas.

MarisaSF
10-16-2008, 02:49 AM
We think we got 80-100 goblins last year. That is, until the candy ran out. I think DH gets 6-8 bags. We are gone walking the neighborhood with the kids for most of the night. We leave a large bowl/stand of treats by the door. We hang a "please take 2" sign on the treat bowl.

DH and our neighbor take turns running home to check and fill our treat bowls. I would have fun handing out candy, but it's so much fun to walk around!