PDA

View Full Version : Xmas Stockings

drewsmom4405
10-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I love this site and all of your advice and opinions!

Anyone have any site for favorite Christmas stockings? Our family of four is finally complete, so I need to buy a stcoking for the new baby and am thinking I will get new ones for all of us. Two with the boys names and one for "Mom" and "Dad".

TIA!
Kathleen

hillview
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
We got our extended family ones from Pottery Barn last year and I really really like them. I am not a fan of PB in general but the stockings were great!
/hillary

Emmas Mom
10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Ours are these (http://www.landsend.com/pp/NeedlepointStockings~27370_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::PDG&CM_MERCH=SRCH_00001&origin=search) from Lands End...I love them. :) Great because if you order over three they're a bit cheaper & also you get the free monogramming.

twobabes
10-16-2008, 04:16 PM
I second the recc for the Land's End ones - they are very nice. You have to like that style, but they are nice quality, including the monogramming (plus, they will do long names and Pottery Barn has a limit of 8 letters, which was an issue for us).

catpagmo
10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Another vote for Land's End. I ordered ours one or two years ago. They are nice quality, and they remind me of the type I had as a kid.

dotgirl
10-16-2008, 05:37 PM
We love our monogrammed Pottery Barn ones. They're big and sturdy. We got ones with bells, in red for the kids and white for us.

mamaoftwins
10-16-2008, 05:58 PM
We got our extended family ones from Pottery Barn last year and I really really like them. I am not a fan of PB in general but the stockings were great!
/hillary

Agreed. I find PB to be way overpriced on most things, but their stockings are wonderful. They come pretty big though, so make sure you check the measurements - ours were so big that our 8wk old babies could fit into their stockings comfortably! :D

LarsMal
10-16-2008, 06:20 PM
We also have PB. SIL gave us ours (monogrammed) for our first Christmas. I decided to stick with the PB theme after DS was born, so I bought the quilted ones from PBK. (link below, but mine are older, so different patterns). I knew there was a chance we'd have three kids, so I ordered three when I got DS's!!! I had his monogrammed by PBK and had a friend do DD's when she was born. I'm glad I have that third one now!!

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/ty270/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C12%7C%7C%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7C% 7C%7C%7Cchristmas%20stockings&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

I think they are a decent price, considering we'll be using them for a long time!

shilo
10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
my mom got DS a needlepoint Christopher Radko stocking for his first xmas - it's gorgeous. i did the embroidery for his name on the top cuff. now we're searching for another one this year for this baby. haven't found one yet. i think he only includes a couple in his 'collection' each year.

kayte
10-16-2008, 08:54 PM
I L-O-V-E the Hable Construction ones that Garnet HIll carries (the regular Hable ones do not have the fold over top to be personalized and are about twice as expensive).

http://www.garnethill.com/jump.jsp?itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&itemID=12605&fromNewSearch=true&mercadoResultId=4

I still couldn't stomach the price tag at Garnet Hill so last year I got some wool felt and copied a few of the designs for our family. I love them and everyone has asked me to make them some this year. So if they are out of your budget but you like them, they are pretty easy to make. (I did take them to a shop to have names embroidered--cost about $6 a stocking)

wolverine2
10-16-2008, 09:43 PM
We love ours from annieswoolens.com- they also have patterns if you want to knit your own.

Octobermommy
10-17-2008, 12:40 AM
[QUOTE=kayte]I L-O-V-E the Hable Construction ones that Garnet HIll carries (the regular Hable ones do not have the fold over top to be personalized and are about twice as expensive).[QUOTE]

Oh my, those are gorgeous. But I don't think I can stomach $48 and I know I can't make them, I am craft challenged. Do you think they go on clearance after Christmas?

jgenie
10-17-2008, 07:06 AM
Oh my, those are gorgeous. But I don't think I can stomach $48 and I know I can't make them, I am craft challenged. Do you think they go on clearance after Christmas?

They have a couple in the clearance section for $14.