PDA

View Full Version : S/O from stocking thread

LarsMal
10-16-2008, 06:26 PM
My response to the Christmas stocking thread made me wonder if anyone else has done this...

Did/have you bought something in multiples based on the fact that you *might* have X number of kids?

I bought three Christmas stockings when I bought DS's b/c I knew there was a chance we'd have three kids and I didn't want to risk them not being available once #2 and #3 came along. I figured I could always sell them if we didn't have more. I also went to our local gardening shop the other day and bought a boy and a girl scarecrow head on a stick (small ones, maybe an 18" stick, for the front yard) because I bought a boy and a girl for DD and DS and I want to make sure I have the third one for next Fall. Got one of each to make sure I'm covered!

A friend of mine bought two Easter baskets when she bought her DS's, for the same reason.

Anyone else? What did you buy?

spanannie
10-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I bought LE stockings, since I knew I could buy another, I bought basic baby books from a certain brand that I knew would always be made, PBK Easter Baskets, available every year, and I bought 3 ornament boxes (that hold a special ornament for each year). So, yes, I always kept in mind being able to buy more of something or having something, if I had a third child.

Thatchermom
10-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I bought four stockings and stocking holders when we replaced ours a few years ago, even though we never intended to have another! They were cheap after Christmas and I loved them. I figured if MIL or anyone was visiting we could use it, and I like having the mantle look even. I can't tell you how happy I was that I had an extra last Christmas for DD!

pb&j
10-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes, I bought two Xmas stockings just after DS was born (in Jan, so on super clearance).