PDA

View Full Version : Evite issue -- anyone had this happen

bubbaray
10-17-2008, 04:59 PM
OK, I will try to "temper" my post, b/c this could definitely end up in the BP.

I am hosting a kids Halloween Party on Sunday, November 2. I had the draft invite done up for a while, but was having issues with evite not accepting the date (even when I used the calendar function). I finally figured out how to override it, but it seems that some people (who weren't on the final guest list) were sent the draft!

OMG

So, now, there are at least 2 people on the "draft" guest list that I really do.no.want.to.see at the party. They have previously attended our parties and they and their kids aren't a great fit for us... (they are former co-workers of DH's). However, they have both "confirmed" with DH that they will be attending (!). So, I just have to suck it up. Greeeaaaat.

However, obviously, I want to prevent this from happening in the future. Did this happen to anyone else? Do I just delete them from my evite address list (which I should have done anyway)??

TIA

wolverine2
10-17-2008, 06:45 PM
This totally happened to me!! I saved a draft, and took some people off the list, and when I sent the final, they were still on the list AND they both RSVP'd yes. One of them, I didn't mind, but the others I didn't really want there. Luckily, they never actually showed up.

I don't know how to prevent it- maybe we should let evite know?

Tondi G
10-17-2008, 06:55 PM
yeah... I think you have to delete them from your evite address book! How annoying! Maybe they won't show... crossing fingers!:)

ThreeofUs
10-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Almost exactly the same thing happened to me, too. I was so annoyed I stopped using evite!

KpbS
10-17-2008, 08:16 PM
No inviting experience w/ evite but I just used pingg.com for evites and I love it!! The invites are super stylish and the whole site is very well organized. I highly recommend it (for next time to the OP).

Here's hoping they are no-shows at your party...

citymama
10-18-2008, 02:06 AM
Yikes! This is a good warning for the future - never had this issue before but good to know about. Good luck and hope your unwanted guests don't show!