PDA

View Full Version : Linens and Things going out of Business

swrc00
10-17-2008, 08:40 PM
The liquidation is not that great yet, only 10 to 30% off. All stores are supposed to be closed by January 1st. Thought I would pass it along. I am optimistic for many bargains in the future.

bubbaray
10-17-2008, 08:45 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081014/bs_nm/us_linens_liquidation

Hmmm, I wonder what will happen to their Canadian stores?

wellyes
10-17-2008, 11:58 PM
I was there today and it was so frustrating - because they no longer accept coupons. Not even their own. So in my pocket I had two 20% off LnT coupons, but I couldn't use them, and almost everything in the store was just 10% off. It would have been cheaper for me if they weren't liquidating. DUMB!

On the plus side, I picked up a clearance item, and it rang up 50% off the clearance price. So, that was good.

Still, not many deals to be had (yet).

mom2mack&max
10-18-2008, 11:45 AM
do you know if they are accepting gift cards or not?

ett
10-18-2008, 11:49 AM
do you know if they are accepting gift cards or not?

I believe someone posted in another thread that they are no longer accepting gift cards.

trinity991
10-18-2008, 03:33 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081014/bs_nm/us_linens_liquidation

Hmmm, I wonder what will happen to their Canadian stores?

The Canadian website is down and it says to go to the store so I'm thinking they will be going out of business too.

Crunchy mom to 2
10-19-2008, 09:47 PM
I believe someone posted in another thread that they are no longer accepting gift cards.
That's just wrong....should be illegal, really. They already got the money for them. I hope that's not true.

bubbaray
10-19-2008, 09:49 PM
They already got the money for them.

"They" being LNT got their money for them. But, LNT is now in liquidation, which means the LNT gets none of the money from sales as of the date of the liquidation -- the creditors do. That is why they do not accept GCs etc in a liquidation situation.

fortato
10-19-2008, 09:51 PM
I got 4 coupons in the paper today, and I can't use them, BUT- Bed Bath and Beyond will take them...so, at least it's not a total waste.

mom2mack&max
10-19-2008, 10:53 PM
FYI- I was able to use my lnt gift card today. Markdowns were insignificant, but wanted to use my gift card before they changed their policy.

DietCokeLover
10-20-2008, 09:01 AM
I went in our LNT yesterday and couldn't believe all of the people in there buying things at only 10% off. I'll be waiting for some significant discounts.

alexsmommy
10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Ours has already been advertising going out of business for over month. I hope people get some good discounts, but my experience locally has been people went crazy and bought out the store when it was only 20% off - no better than with the coupons in the past. Ours is just now down to 25-30% off and there is almost nothing of any real value left. Vacuums are still plentiful, but almost no kitchen equipment of ANY kind left. A few full Calphalon sets, but again, I have seen them cheaper than 30% off at Macys during certain sales. I plan on continuing to look in the event that there may be some decent small Christmas gifts I can pick up on signficant discount, but for me who only buys everything on sale I didn't find anything left that I couldn't have found somewhere else cheaper if I waited and was vigalent. Not trying to be a downer, just letting people know to hit the sales early and often if there is something you are hoping to get when it's more than 20% off.

alien_host
10-20-2008, 10:28 AM
The liquidation sale always seems like a farce. I went to one locally about a month ago and the place was trashed and they were only giving maybe 30% off somethings (like curtains). I'd almost rather go to Bed Bath and Beyond and just use those 20% off coupons or the $5 off $15 coupons.

Tammy0927
10-20-2008, 10:42 AM
I was there yesterday because I had store credit. They are still accepting store credit and gift cards. They are not accepting any coupons, personal checks, LNT credit card, or LNT rewards certificates. If you have a gift card, though, I would get in there quick and use it even though the prices haven't been reduced that much yet. It's better to get something for your gift card vs having LNT change their mind or getting stuck with all the junk that no one else wants.

nellonello
10-20-2008, 12:10 PM
I went to ours this weekend and found a "Roboreptile" for my son for Christmas. It was 60% off so I got it for $19.99. They are usually around $70. Other than that, it was really picked over.