PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever invented something?

MamaKath
10-17-2008, 08:48 PM
So today I was thinking about something I am hoping to purchase. But it is not the product I want. So I was thinking about what would make it the product I want, and it would need some changes. I started thinking about how to do that, etc. Wanted to know if any of you have done anything like that?

TIA~

lizajane
10-17-2008, 11:05 PM
i don't think it counts as an invention. but i did design something when i was in that situation. when i was cloth diapering, i couldn't find an insert that would work for my baby. i needed it to totally fill the diaper and be super absorbant, but not poofy. so i designed my own hemp diaper insert that was "heavy duty" but was sewn in a way that didn't take forever to dry. does that kinda count???

MamaKath
10-17-2008, 11:10 PM
does that kinda count???

:D Absolutely!!! You took a product and made it better. Mother of invention. Did you just make it for you or have you gone to the next level to make it for others with the same need?

I guess I am wondering if it is worth trying to patent an idea that makes something different and better. And is it worth it.

KrisM
10-17-2008, 11:12 PM
:D Absolutely!!! You took a product and made it better. Mother of invention. Did you just make it for you or have you gone to the next level to make it for others with the same need?

I guess I am wondering if it is worth trying to patent an idea that makes something different and better. And is it worth it.

I bought a handful of them and loved them :).

lizajane
10-17-2008, 11:21 PM

i sold tons of them a few years back. but i didn't patent the design or anything. and i found a greater market in clothing, so i stopped selling the inserts.