PDA

View Full Version : screaming deal for a maclaren volo?

vahnessuh
10-18-2008, 01:07 AM
can anyone help me where i can get a maclaren volo for super cheap? like around $50. i'm fine with secondhand. we need it for airplane travel and will be only using it on that ocassion so i don't want to spend a lot on it. please help!

WatchingThemGrow
10-18-2008, 07:38 AM
Put a wanted ad on CL. Are you sure you don't want a Triuimph? They have a nice recline for sleepy travelers, we've found.

wellyes
10-18-2008, 11:15 AM
For a one-time airplane trip, I'd just get a cheap umbrella.

vahnessuh
10-18-2008, 08:21 PM
the triumph would be better since it has a recline... but it's more expensive than the volo though... if i could get a good deal on it, i would definitely get that over the triumph.

as for a cheap umbrella stroller... that's what i was thinking at first. get one of those cheapy $20 ones from BRU... but my husband wants to get a more substantial one. it wouldn't be a one-time stroller thing... my baby's only 6 months right now and we'll be going to visit my husband's family in hawaii at least once a year... and we're planning a trip to asia next year... so it will definitely get a lot of usage.

i have an inglesina zippy as a second stroller and have been considering using it as a travel stroller too... but i love it too much to risk it though.

veronica
10-18-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm not a stroller expert but I recently picked up a triumph to downsize my zippy and I still think it's pretty heavy! I ended up with a uppa baby g-lite from my initial mamabargains.com madness and actually really like it. It is only about 8 pounds, folds up like a charm, has a removable padded seat. It does not recline, like the volo. You might find a good online deal on that. I paid 70 shipped. hth

WatchingThemGrow
10-18-2008, 08:37 PM
I'd just use the zippy. For Hawaii and lots of walking in Asia, I'd just use the Zippy and all the features (recline, great sunshade) it has. It folds like a P3, right? Buy a red gate check bag for it and enjoy the stroller when you're out and about away from home.

Its not like you're going to put it in a museum when the baby's 2.5 or have it bronzed, right? I think that you should use the things you buy and not just "try to keep them nice." What's the point of having it if you don't plan on using it during your high-use times? We find ourselves out an about using strollers much more often when we're on vacation. Places we visit are often not baby-proofed and easy to just "hang out" in with children, so we hit the road. Just make DH promise that if you wear out the Zippy on your trips (unlikely), you can get another one if you have another baby :)

westgre
10-18-2008, 09:39 PM
I've had my Zippy for 5.5 years. It's been to Disney World once and a beach trip at least once a year. Through three kids, it's held up strong. The fold on the Zippy is nice to get through security. And the plushness, recline, tray, and basket are all nice features to have with you. My third DC is six months and I wouldn't want to put him in our Volo for a long period of time. When I took my Zippy on the planes, I always gate checked with no problem.

Tondi G
10-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Not a Mac but one of these might work for you!

http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-05061459200070-C6-Stroller-Tangerine/dp/B000FFS9VM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1224390051&sr=1-1

this one is $99 but gets good reviews and might have everything you need in a travel stroller. If there is a coupon floating around it might work for you!

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2903309&moduleName=Brand+Name+Secondary

they have it in pink too http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2903308

wellyes
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh, in that case, I'd definitely take the Zippy! I flew with my Zippy in August, it was a breeze. The stewardess was really impressed with the one-hand fold, btw.

I have a Uppababy Vista, a Zippy and a Mac Quest. I thought I'd use the Mac for travel and the Zippy for malls, but the Zippy is so much easier to fold and has so many great features that that it's ended up becoming my travel stroller too, and the Mac has become the "lives in the back of DH's car" backup stroller.

I got my zippy used, it's a 2002. Purchased it on CL froma couple who'd used it for two kids. It's kinda shabby and there is a hole in the bottom basket, but it still works GREAT.

vahnessuh
10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
we didn't want to bring our zippy coz it's a little bit bulky and heavy for on-the-go travel. but i was able to get a $50 maclaren volo off of craigslist and it seems perfect for our needs =)