PDA

View Full Version : JJB fabrics

Snow mom
10-18-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm on the never ending quest for the perfect diaper bag. I finally decided the JJB BeTween is the closest thing out there to what I'm looking for. Looking online I found the "Purple Paisley" fabric, which I really like but has apparently been discontinued. Can any JJB experts tell me when (approximately) they discontinued this fabric? I think I can still buy it from several websites but am wondering if it is so outdated that the bag would have different features than the bag I saw this morning at a store. Also, anyone have any tips on finding a good deal on JJB?

Thanks!
Lisa

MamaKath
10-18-2008, 10:26 PM
The design should be the same. As for good deals check out the Pink Room at JJB. They have a resale board. There are often new and like new bags on there.

tnrnchick74
10-19-2008, 06:27 AM
The fabric is standard texture, teflon-like coated. They just discontinue the patterns/color schemes after awhile. Lush Paisley is another pattern they recently discontinued...and anyone who has one of those bags is holding onto it for dear life as it will be a collectors!

They just discontinued PP (purple paisley( because the new patterns came out (lotus lullaby, midnight eclipse, cinnamon/champagne), and I know there are lots of people who have plenty of PP in stock, but once they sell out...it's gone!

Welcome to the JJB addiction! I have 2 JJB bags with another on the way. My "everyday" bag is the Be All (brown/robin); I use a Be Light for my work bag; and I just ordered a PAckabee to add a backpack to the mix. Don't forget to check out the accessories - the snack capsule I find I can't live without and I LOVE the Be Quicks!

Trust me, these bags last forever and they WASH beautifully. You can't say that about most diaper bags!

Snow mom
10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the information. My husband is already rolling his eyes at the first small collection I want. I think he's trying to decide if it is going to be more expensive to put me into therapy for JJB addiction or to let me have the bags I want :wink2:

~Lisa

BigDog
11-13-2008, 11:45 PM
I have a BeAll in the Lush Paisley print which I bought prior to the birth of my son. I got sucked into the diaper bag buying craze really easily at that time... must've been the out-of-wack hormones... anyhow, turns out I used it once and didn't like it. It was too much of a bag for me. It's a beautiful print though. I've been thinking of selling it, not knowing it's a discontinued fabric now. I'm wondering if I should hold onto it a bit longer?

Snow mom
11-14-2008, 01:48 PM
I have a BeAll in the Lush Paisley print which I bought prior to the birth of my son. I got sucked into the diaper bag buying craze really easily at that time... must've been the out-of-wack hormones... anyhow, turns out I used it once and didn't like it. It was too much of a bag for me. It's a beautiful print though. I've been thinking of selling it, not knowing it's a discontinued fabric now. I'm wondering if I should hold onto it a bit longer?

I ended up buying a BeTween in Lush Paisley from the Pink Room (JJB forum.) Some of the bags are still available new in the lush and others have sold out everywhere it seems. There are only certain styles of bags that are difficult to come by used in the lush at this point. If you are considering selling it I would recommend checking out the Pink Room (http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/). You can get a good feel for what JJB stashers are looking for and parting with and what reasonable prices are.

~Lisa