PDA

View Full Version : Need coat counseling

Naranjadia
10-19-2008, 10:50 PM
DH has offered me a new coat for my birthday. I live in Wisconsin and was hoping to find something attractive and really warm! I do have a full-length parka that makes me look a raspberry smoothie on steroids. Last year I just wore a short black jacket all winter, but since the kids were so small we were hardly outdoors.

I'd like something 3/4 length or a little shorter to keep me warm while the kids play in the snow. I've looked at Lands End, LL Bean, Eddie Bauer and a little through Nordstrom's site. Nothing has really stuck out at me. Any ideas?

I am also looking at Boden's Chic Wool coat http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/Womens-Coats-and-Jackets/Coats/WE206/Womens-Chic-Wool-Coat.html, but it doesn't look warm enough and I think the buttons would pop off after a lot of bending over.

StantonHyde
10-25-2008, 10:12 PM
I went with the Lands End long down coat that is sleekly cut. Try Garnet Hill for some interesting ideas. Wool just is not warm enough for me in the winter--or it doesn't layer as well over sweaters etc.

Naranjadia
10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Oooh, thanks. I forgot about Garnet Hill for coats. There's a few Lands End down coats I'm mulling over, because I'm not sure wool is going to cut it if this winter is like last winter.