PDA

View Full Version : Good vacuum/cleaner for tile floor?

army_mom
10-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Anyone have a great vacuum/cleaner for tile floor? We just moved to a new house that has a bunch of tile and I need an easy/quick way to clean it. I vacuum the dirt up, but I find if I mop the dirt just goes into the grout and is not really clean IMO. I have seen a few vacuums like a Hoover SpinBrush but wondering if they work as well as promised.

Thoughts on what works well for you?

TIA!

DietCokeLover
10-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Shark Steam Mop is my favorite. We use it at our business on the tile flooring. Works really well.

nov04
10-20-2008, 11:33 AM
I was just going to post this today!!! We have lots of older parquet though. I'll be watching for lots of good recs.

katydid1971
10-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Shark Steam Mop is my favorite. We use it at our business on the tile flooring. Works really well.

I just used mine to clean up after where DS spilled chocolate milk. Love it. I use it with a vacuum to cleam up crumbs and loose dirt then I mop it with the Steam Mop. BIG PLUS is NO CHEMICALS!!!!!! Just hot water to clean up your house. :thumbsup:

Plus you can get 20% off at Bed bath and Beyond with they many many coupons out here :D

Page
10-20-2008, 04:54 PM
We have the Hoover FloorMate and I really like it. It's much quicker than vacuuming/sweeping and mopping and WAY more effective at cleaning...as opposed to "just moving dirt around". KWIM?

I find that it does clean in the grout well, but that I really have to go over those spots a few times to get it really good. Although, like I said, it's much quicker (and easier!) than mopping...I still wish it cleaned faster.