PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training DS and pooping in toilet

Tinkerbell313
10-20-2008, 11:57 AM
I am a working mom. DS (2 1/4 yrs) is potty training as of this past Thursday. He goes to day care M-F 8 to 5pm. The only time we have him in diapers is nightime sleeping (he wakes up with dry diapers about 3 nights a week). All of the rest of the time he is in his big boy undies (no pull ups) including school, home, and nap time. He is doing great...he has had two accidents. I am not worried about night time...that will come in time.

But, what about pooping? We don't know when he's going to poop (and apparently he does not either!?!?). He does not hide in a corner nor does he give us any facial expressions. And, he doesn't pee...he just poops in his pants. He is not on a poop schedule although usually he only poops twice day. He pooped once in the toliet and he was very proud as was his teachers. But nothing since. He's not afriad and loves to flush the toilet. How do I get him to poop in the toilet.

I just don't remember PTing my 4 year old DD and the poop issue. Her PTing seem to go much easier although she was almost three when she PTd.

WatchingThemGrow
10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
We had success with a 5 stickers in a row type chart with a reward at the end. That reward was lunch at Grandma's house (without me - YAY!!), and it was a HUGE motivator. Anything like that you can do and pawn off on someone else? A couple charts and she was good to go! We did have some issues while we tried other things for a month or two, but this was the one that worked. DD :heartbeat: Grandma.