PDA

View Full Version : Halloween craft ideas for 3yo p/s class?

LarsMal
10-20-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm signed up to help with DS's Halloween party. Haven't heard from the room parent yet, but his teacher called today so I talked to her about it.

Turns out, just as I thought, the room parent is just supposed to contact those who signed up for the party and we are to handle the whole thing. Nice the party is a week away and she still hasn't called. Oh well, now I know who to contact and the two of us can get to work- no thanks to the room parent (but that's for the b!tching post!).

The teacher said we should plan on a snack, drink, book, and a game/craft.

I'm kind of drawing a blank on a game. One idea I had for a craft is to cut out a bunch of pumpkins and a variety of black eyes/noses/mouths and let the kids make their own jack-o-lantern. Supposedly they LOVE using the glue sticks at school!

Any other ideas for a game and/or craft?

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
I like the jack-o-lantern idea! A twist would be to make "pumpkinmen" (like snowmen). They made them at a party last year. Someone had a template so it looked like 3 pumpkins stacked up and then they put a green pipe cleaner out of the top for the stem.

My son loves to paint pumpkins!

I am not at all crafty of creative...but I know how to find info. :) Try the Family Fun site for lots of awesome ideas!:
http://familyfun.go.com/parties/holiday/minisite/halloween-main/

It sounds like fun!

Beth