PDA

View Full Version : Favorite souvenirs....

cchavez
10-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Besides the mouse ears...what are some must haves? Thanks!

Puddy73
10-21-2008, 12:33 PM
We took DD and DS last spring and they really didn't care too much about souveniers. They LOVE to look at pictures of the trip and wear their Mickey T-shirts, but they could care less about the autograph book and ears. I also let each of them choose a Christmas ornament from the store near Liberty Tavern.

Wife_and_mommy
10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
I collect fridge magnets for places we go. I splurged($13 for a flippin' magnet!) on a pewter one with Walt Disney w/ Mickey. I still love looking at it and remember the occasion we were celebrating. :)

DD got Cinderella slippers that are still a favorite. DH got a framed photo with a saying Walt Disney had(that I can't remember). It's really nice and also brings fond memories.

egoldber
10-21-2008, 12:54 PM
We don't buy any souvenirs really. We make an autograph book ahead of time (cardstock decorated with stickers in an inexpensive album) and Sarah LOVES looking at the autographs when we get home. Collecting autographs is really her "thing".

The other thing is Sarah adores small plastic figurines. Each time we go, we buy one more figure for our collection. We have a Daisy Duck, an Eeyore in safari garb from the AK, etc.

So I would find out what your kid's "thing" is while there and do a souvenir on that. I have always just said no to any other souveniers and Sarah doesn't even expect them really.

tarabenet
10-21-2008, 02:42 PM
We stay on-property and the refillable mugs for our hotel rooms end up being the souvenirs we enjoy the most. My grown stepdaughters cherish theirs. My niece clamors to use one of them when she is here. Each visit we also buy the year's collectible holiday ornament with the date.

Thatchermom
10-21-2008, 06:06 PM
DS is really into the pin collecting thing, but we didn't buy too many in the park. Ebay is cheaper - you can find lots of things ahead of time and do morning suprises in the hotel. As far as he was concerned it was all part of his Disney experience and he didn't care whether we were purchasing anything in the park or not. He did choose a picture frame with lots of openings that we put pictures of his trip in, and of course the ears.

cchavez
10-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I did pre-purchase a bunch of tink gifts to have them find each morning....I am hoping that will keep the I wants away.....

Momof3Labs
10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
We didn't come back with much this time. One photo frame ornament for each of my boys, a few pullback Disney vehicles, the Nemo Disney racer, a pressed penny book, a few new pressed pennies. We already had the Disney bus set and the 2008 Disney bus from our last trip, or I'm sure that we would have bought those this trip, too. My kids were really good this time about controlling the "wants". We didn't shop much, and when we did, there wasn't much that they asked for.

belovedgandp
10-23-2008, 01:04 PM
When we went last year, my 3 1/2 year old LOVED pressing pennies. He still pulls out the book. So the book and a lot of change (almost $30 worth) were our biggest purchase.

Otherwise, I hit the Christmas store in Downtown Disney. The personalized ornaments are totally worth the fee.

kimbe
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I agree with the pressed pennies. This year's trip DD was 3 and she loved doing the pennies. However, she only loved them there --- they have been long forgotten here at home. So if you have change that you want to burn, it is a good way to get rid of it.

My kids favorite thing from Disney is a book that I make for them when we get back. I have made an Disney ABC book from each of their first trips. DDs was a 4x4 book and DSs is an 8x8 book (like the 8x8 better.) With DSs first trip, we made a list before we went to make sure that we got the pictures that we needed. The book is no frills, plain cardstock, sticker letters, cut out pictures that we took and glue stick. They love the books and look at them all the time. DS is only 14 months and carries his around.

DD loves her autograph book that has the pictures of the character too.

Not much of a souvenirs, but DD LOVES getting the Mickey Head ice cream bars. We make a big deal out of them and we take pictures of her. We have a thousand pictures of both kiddos enjoying their first one -- they are priceless!

My favorite must haves are the chocolate dipped apple from the candy store in Magic Kingdom LOL!

mnosky1
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
From the last 2 trips with DD (at age 3 and 4).

Stuffed animals she picked out (we allowed one per trip but other family memebers on trips ended up buying her more). We have way too many and they cost twice as much as at the disney store but she LOVES them.

Autograph book from Disney where there is a pocket for picture and then next page has autograph. I said I was not spending the money on Disney ones (although not that pricey really)and made nice scrapbook style autograph books. Well I ended up spending about the same on my hommade creation and the ones form the park really worked much better. DD still looks at these all the time. They don't have a ton of pages so we always needed another cheap one.

Christmas ornaments - we always get one on vacations but since we love the disney ones so much we end up each picking one out.

Michelle