PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get my face air brush painted green?

Fairy
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
As you might expect, I'm going to be a witch for Halloween, and I want to go soemwhere that they can airbrush my face green. I don't want to buy an airbrush makeup tool, and I don't want to use the greasepaint. I want a dry airbrushed, finished look that soemone does for me. Do any of the cosmetics companies do this, the departments stores, Sephora, Mac? Anyone know?

trales
10-21-2008, 01:41 PM
What kind of party are you going to? I have no real advice, I just love to dress up and go to parties, but don't seem to have one to go to this year.

Fairy
10-21-2008, 02:05 PM
We're actually having a party on Saturday :-). I've always wanted to be a classic Elpheba-looking witch! I still need a hat and to figure out what I'm doign with my hair. And where to get my face painted!

luvmypeanut
10-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Can you call one of those airbrush tatoo/facepaint companies that do kids parties and ask them for a one-time thing? Or better yet hire them for an hour and let the party guests get into it.

mudder17
10-21-2008, 05:57 PM
No idea, but it sounds like fun! If you figure it out, I would love to see pictures. :)

brittone2
10-21-2008, 07:38 PM
I had someone do my wedding makeup with an airbrush setup. I met her at a Bridal Fair. That probably doesn't really help, but could you call estheticians/makeup artistis in your area and see if they know of anyone?

eta: still not sure if they'd have green, but I think the artist who did my makeup had a book and if I remember she did fun face painting w/ the airbrush for fairs, sports events, etc so I'm guessing they coudl do any color.

Tondi G
10-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Not sure where you could go for airbrushing... sounds like you got some good ideas so far. There has to be someone who does face painting for parties that could do an all over green job!

I wonder... do you think you could get green eye shadow and a blush brush and apply it to your whole face? Maybe it would have too much of a sheen or wouldn't last long enough?

Emmas Mom
10-22-2008, 12:42 AM
I love your posts! You have to share pictures. :D

bubbaray
10-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Girl, you're in theatre! Start networking.... There must be someone in a theatre group that does that sort of stuff!

How about a beauty school? Theatre/film makeup students?

Ditto the PPs, we want to see pics!

Fairy
10-22-2008, 12:01 PM
Thank you guys so much for all your great ideas! I may just go with the simplest one and do the green eyeshadow thing! However, I'm going to look into those other ideas first and see if I can hold onto my dream of the airbrush.

I've changed my mind a bit, tho, Ithink I'm going to go with the very very very pale look with a green sheen. Rather than Elpheba. Either way, I have some ideas.

Oh, and the theatre thing. The thing is that it's community theatre, and we always do our own makeup! But I know a girl who's been in alot of paid gigs and had a few professional makeup sessions, so I may reach out to her.

THANK YOU