PDA

View Full Version : nilo table - yes or no?

galvjen
10-21-2008, 08:29 PM
2DS ages 3.5 and 1.5 -- is a Nilo multi-activity table worth it? Thinking this might be their "big" Xmas present this year but a mom at the playground whose judgement on these things is usually right told me by age 4 or 4.5 the table will be collecting dust for DS1. I was planning to get the lego mat add-on for the table and the taller legs to use as DS2 grows up.

DS1 is interested in his PlanCity + legos + gears + ??? and DS2 is just starting to use these toys.

What do you think? Buy the Nilo table or skip it?
Jen

n2ou
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Never regretted my Nilo purchase once.

Simone

kcimato
10-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I bought my 3y/o grandson one when he was 18 mos and he plays on it everyday. He does everything there, colors ,paints,playdough, legos. Each year I have added to it, toy bins, stools and the theasel. Go for it.

Andrea S
10-23-2008, 04:32 PM
I got one for my 2.5 year old almost 4 years ago. It has been for trains, cars, action guys, or whatever he has been into. Right now we have it set up for trains since my 2yo loves trains. It has been one of the best purchases I have made. I always thought I would get the leg extenders, but so far we have not need them.

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2008, 04:41 PM
Coming from the other side (or that of the friend of the OP), my friends that have one don't use them. Plus, she has issues with her children trying to climb on top too much.

I always find tables like that to be somewhat limiting when it comes to train building.

I think a simple child sized table and chair set would be a good option because it can be used for many purposes.

Beth

hacergracia
10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
I bought one for my two girls about a year and a half ago and they use it everyday. They are now 4 and 3. We do also have a child size table and chairs, but that is not big enough for both of them to sit at for painting, coloring, art projects, etc. We need the Nilo table to spread out. We also have the lego mats which are great.

BeachBum
10-25-2008, 08:00 AM
I had not planned to buy a table because my DS isn't that into trains. After watching him in action at a local toy store where he was playing with playmobile on it and talking with the owner it changed my mind.

Basically, I came away with the fact that it is easier for kids to access all sorts of toys when then can walk around the table than play with them on the floor. Plus, since kids (especially boys) are inconstant motion it allows them to do some of that moving around while they are engaged in playing.

While I agree that the longevity may not be there for your older child, I do think there will be so value there and your younger child will really enjoy it.

hillview
10-25-2008, 06:55 PM
It is our main table for everything. No regrets.
/hillary

galvjen
10-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks for all the feedback! I appreciate the input. We have a child-sized table with 2 chairs already but it's not very large. Sounds like we may go ahead and get the Nilo and cross our fingers it proves to be a good investment.

1964pandora
10-27-2008, 11:31 AM
I've never regretted it. I haven't looked into prices recently, but the last time I did, Diana's Toy store (on-line) had the best price, by far.

Susan

fortato
10-27-2008, 04:01 PM
As far as longevity goes, Nilo offers replacement legs for the table to make it 24" high instead of 18".

I love our table, and I can see us using it for a long time.