PDA

View Full Version : Need to pull together a backup party plan

lablover
10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
So we were supposed to have DS 5th birthday party this Saturday at a local flower farm that has a small fall festival. Easy planning, not too expensive...but dependent on the weather. It's supposed to be sunny every day this week except, of course, on Saturday. It looks like the forecast is for rain all day, and it looks pretty definite. So I'm trying to pull together a backup plan because I really don't want to have it at my house. I called our local community center and their preschool gymnasium is available for rent. There is nothing in the room so I have to come up with something for the kids to do. DS's cupcakes are going to be sports themed and the favor is a soft ball from Target (football/soccer ball, etc.) I'm open to any activities though. The guests are all 3 or 4 years old. I thought about having a few things going on in different parts of the room (I just don't know what), or just having a bunch of balls out and having them run around. I just don't know what will go over the best. Does anyone have any suggestions? Some things I came up with are throwing balls through a hula hoop, or knocking down something like bowling. Or I thought of doing a game like Hullabaloo. Hopefully something I can pull together fairly easy. Unfortunately it's too late to order activities from Oriental Trading without paying insane shipping fees. Thanks in advance!

elephantmeg
10-21-2008, 10:48 PM
I think having some balls out is good. A hoop would be good. Maybe some games like hopscotch, mother may I, red light/green light would go over well? What about twister? Hullabaloo sounds good too. I don't have a 5 year old so I'm def not an expert. Hope it turns out FUN!!!!!

kransden
10-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Freeze Dancing is a big hit. Just don't have anyone sit down, have them start dancing again and again until they get tired of the game.

Kick the balloon in a trash can.

Target had clothes hampers like Nemo, get some balls and do a fish toss

s7714
10-21-2008, 11:33 PM
What about those big rainbow parachutes (like they use at Gymboree/My Gym type places)? They sell them at Target. Those are always good for running under or bouncing balls on top of while others hold the edges.

You could tape lines on the floor and do spoon races (like balancing a little ball on a spoon) or other type of races. We did one at a birthday party that was trying to waddle as fast as you can from the start line to the finish with a balloon between your knees.