PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Gift for Preschool Teacher

proudsahmof3
10-22-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm looking for something in the $10 - $15 range for DS's two preschool teachers. Any ideas out there?

brittone2
10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Gift card to Starbucks or similar?

Ornament?

I was at Costco the other day and they had a small Starbucks-type of gift basket that was around that price I think (it looked like a more expensive gift, IMO).

A letter to supervisor(s), etc. if you are particularly happy with the teacher(s) or something made by your DC (personalized card) is always a nice and appreciated touch, IMO.

smilla653
10-24-2008, 05:02 PM
This is our first year at preschool and I am one of 3 room parents. The veteran room parents say that asking each family to donate $10-$20 provides ample funds for gifts for the teacher and assistants. They typically ask what the teacher would like to have donated to the class, and spend a certain amount on that. Then they actually give cash or a gift card to the assistants.

In addition to that, I was planning on having DS make something.

hez
10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
We gave gift cards to Panera last year. Went over very well :)

mykidsmom
10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Just an idea...

Our preschool class (14 kids in the class) all pooled our money (the preschool actually recommends the parents do this and I think the teachers really appreciate it) so we could buy our teacher and the aide a larger gift vs a bunch of small gifts. It was voluntary of course and although the amount was recommended it was up to each family to give what they could afford.

In our class each family put in $10 for each teacher (so $20 total for the teacher and the aide) which makes for a decent gift card.

Where $10 does not buy much it is a nice chunk of change when combined with the other families in the class. We are also going to do this for the end of the year gift.