PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have the Land of Nod kitchen?

JoyNChrist
10-22-2008, 04:26 PM
My first real post after I came back, and it's an unoriginal kitchen question. :p

Anyway, DH and I are getting Avery a play kitchen for Christmas this year. I wanted something wood, gender-neutral, and nice-quality that could be played with by multiple children for years. I found the Land of Nod Kitchen Appliances (http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=3146&f=4051&pc=2893) and fell in love.

I like that they're super-cute, seem to be good quality, and that the refrigerator is magnetic and has the chalkboard. It seems like it would get good play value for a long time.

At first, DH said no way because of the price, but then my dad said that he would buy the refrigerator if we bought the stove, and DH said that would be okay. I just wanted to make sure there were no negative reviews out there before I order it.

TIA!

maylips
10-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Can't give you a review, but thanks for posting the link. We're also getting DD a kitchen for Christmas and I love the retro look but also have read great things about this one on this board:
http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1218&ppcgoog=7248kr&002=52&004=203489106&005=179265700&006=1014578526&007=Search&008=&gclid=CK_oi5aIvJYCFQKJxgodx21tnQ

I really fluctuate between something I really like (simple, wooden, goes-with-anything) and a plastic one that can be cleaned easily and has sounds, gadgets that work, etc. I think DD may prefer the gaudier one!

Anyway, glad you can make a decision. You're way ahead of me.

vludmilla
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
My DD has the Little Tikes and she loves it. Most of her other toys are wood or fabric but she loves this kitchen. I don't mind it being plastic because Step 2 makes it in the US (not China!) and the plastic is safer, I think. I personally would prefer the wood kitchen but DD loves the noises and such and she doesn't get that with many other toys.
Oh, all that said, if I was going to get a wood kitchen, I'd get an Elves and Angels, cheaper than the LON and beautifully made.

tiapam
10-23-2008, 01:36 AM
We don't own it, but DD has played with it in the store and it seems nice enough. Her kitchen at home is played with often, too, and was much cheaper. We might go to LON soon, I will try to take closer look. DD does like the chalkboard on the fridge.

JoyNChrist
10-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Oh, all that said, if I was going to get a wood kitchen, I'd get an Elves and Angels, cheaper than the LON and beautifully made.

See, I'm just not crazy about the E&A kitchens. They're obviously well-made, but I just don't like the look of them for some reason.

In all honesty DS would probably prefer one of the big plastic pieces at this point, but since he's still too little to choose and I'm gonna have to look at it for years, I'm selfishly going with something I like (and that he'll still definitely enjoy). :p

HHCs Mom
11-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Little Colorado makes the LON kitchen and you can find it cheaper elsewhere if you are set on that one from LON. They also have it in natural and a version with pastel colored doors, etc. Tons of kitchens on this site but I've seen it elsewhere, too. Just google Little Colorado and you'll find some hits.

http://store.platinumgalleria.com/little-colorado-kids-furniture-kids-kitchen-solid-white.html