PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - dairy allergy & Chuck E Cheese?

rebeccaravit
10-22-2008, 04:26 PM
A very good friend is moving to TX and our playgroup is having a send off for her and her kids at Chuck E Cheese. Her son really wanted to have his bday party there, but since they were moving, there wasn't time to arrange it.

My 16 month old has a dairy allergy. It is not severe - no anaphylaxis, but he has to avoid all dairy products. Is it too much to bring him? I'd be bringing his own meal, but I'm thinking that the play area would be covered in dairy and his year of avoidance is almost over so I'd hate to expose him to any dairy.

Am I just too oversensitive? Or am I a terrible friend if we don't go?

We are having a moms night out this Friday night, so I will see her then.

WWYD?

Ceepa
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM
skip it and go to the girls night out.

LarsMal
10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
DS has dairy allergies and that is one place I have vowed not to take him! Just thinking about all the dairy-contaminated stuff makes me nervous!

MamaMolly
10-22-2008, 04:49 PM
DD is ana to egg and dairy and we went, but it was before DD was really walking. I don't think I'd go now that she is older. IIWY I'd plan an outing with just them, like having a special playdate. I'm sure they'd understand.

sunriseiz
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM
DD is ana to egg and dairy and we went, but it was before DD was really walking. I don't think I'd go now that she is older. IIWY I'd plan an outing with just them, like having a special playdate. I'm sure they'd understand.

I agree with MamaMolly!

M&Mmom
10-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Skip it and go to girls night. She'll understand. If there is time before the move, I like the idea of a special playdate too. We skipped DD's BFF's b-day last year because it was at Chuck E. Cheese for the exact same reason. She mentioned they might do it there again this year and I just said, we won't be there. She totally understands.