PDA

View Full Version : Why can I not find clothes that fit me anymore?????

HIU8
10-22-2008, 04:39 PM
DD is 16 months, she is DC#2, so you would think I would have this down by now, but.......I CANNOT FIND CLOTHES THAT FIT ME PROPERLY ANYMORE!

Here is the deal. I am 5'3" about 117 lbs. Before DC I wore petite small tops and size 6ish pants. Now petite medium tops sort of fit, the plarge is to big and the regular smalls fit weird. So I wear shirts that are either blatently to large or are to short. Pants are a huge undertaking. I have to get everything altered b/c my waist is (and always has been) so much smaller than my hips. I, however, cannot find pants to even start as a blank slate. Most of my clothes look like they belong on another person. I would love to just go out and buy some shirts and a couple pairs of casual pants. However, I cannot afford this right now, nor do I have the time. I sincerely hope the sales this year are phenomenal b/c I seriously need clothes that fit!

citymama
10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
I know what you mean. I have always had a hard time finding clothes that fit, and post-baby (more like, post-weaning) it is worse. I am skinny skinny skinny post-nursing - I mean, what happened? :eek:

Sometimes think I should be shopping in the pre-teen section. But of course the styles don't work. And I'm not skinny in the good way i.e. the little baby gut which is here to stay! I'm 5' 6", so petites don't usually work - pants look like floods and tops are too short. Need some recommendations for clothes for flat-chested mamas who don't want to look like 12 yr olds!

HIU8
10-22-2008, 05:23 PM
I can find things at Kohl's and Macy's, but they always have to be altered, so I have to make sure that the alterations won't cost more than the clothes (which can be the case sometimes).

jent
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I hear you... I'm in the same boat. I've come to realize that it is worth it, at least for professional clothes, to spend $$ on alterations b/c the clothes look that much better when they fit properly.

Pants are a huge undertaking. I have to get everything altered b/c my waist is (and always has been) so much smaller than my hips. I, however, cannot find pants to even start as a blank slate. Most of my clothes look like they belong on another person.

This is my problem too. I've had a little luck lately with "curvy" styles from Lands End and Eddie Bauer (although the selection is small).

ltmommy
11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I have this problem too, although I am a little shorter and heavier than you. I used to shop at Banana Republic, but now that I have a tummy their super-thin tops just don't work anymore, and their pants have never really fit me. I find myself buying just about everything at Ann Taylor Loft. Have you tried looking there? They just seem to have things that look good on a variety of body styles - things that I see on What Not to Wear, like empire waist and wrap dresses, straight and wide leg pants, and fitted jackets. They honestly make the only pants that fit me right now - and I almost cried when I found a pair of cords that I don't even have to hem. It's a bonus that most of the stuff is reasonably priced, especially when it's on sale, although the quality is not exceptional.

kozachka
11-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I have had the same problem with pants my whole life until I discovered Lucky Brank Classic Rider jeans. They are my holy grail and many other women I know swear by them. I don't know if they carry petite sizes but it's worth checking. If you have a store close by, they normally have a sale section with styles that are 50% off. And you can get 50% discount on line few times a year as well. I've seen them at Marshalls for $25-$30 but not in my size, unfortunately. I have to size down :cheerleader1: in these.