PDA

View Full Version : experience with returns to amazon?

pantrygirl
10-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi everyone.

We just received some items from amazon as a gift. Unfortunately we have these items already.

I'd like to exchange them for other items.

Has anyone done this? How was your experience? TIA

Melbel
10-22-2008, 09:23 PM
I have had to return a couple of items to amazon without any problems. One item that was purchased as a gift was not compatible with our system (a HD DVD when we do not have a HD DVD player). Based upon this reason code (online), I was able to print a label with shipping pre paid.

pantrygirl
10-23-2008, 02:48 AM
Great, thanks Melissa.

I was a bit weary about online store returns but feel good about it now.

Thanks again.

veronica
10-23-2008, 06:35 AM
I buy from Amazon just about every week and never had to return until recently but, when I did (twice now), it has been super easy. Much easier than I ever thought.

pantrygirl
10-23-2008, 03:51 PM
thanks for the feedback, veronica

ahrimie
10-24-2008, 12:01 AM
i've returned a gift back to amazon... and it was fine. very easy and prompt :)

pastrygirl
10-24-2008, 09:09 AM
I thought you had to pay return shipping to Amazon? Or is that only in some cases? Sometimes I don't order from them even if they have a better price, because I don't want to pay return shipping. If I can print out a pre-paid shipping label, I'd order from them much more often!

nupe
10-24-2008, 01:17 PM
I thought you had to pay return shipping to Amazon?

With the FSS, I've had to deduct shipping BOTH ways on a return once a few years ago. I think whether or not you get free return shipping depends on the reason for the return. For example, it if it arrived broken, missing parts, etc, it would be free return shipping.