PDA

View Full Version : When should I expect to blow up? lol

irie i
10-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I am on Week 26 and so far I am still wearing the same size. I've gained 7 lbs total. My friend says most women "blow up" in about the middle of the 7th month. What are your experiences? When did you start buying maternity clothes?

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2008, 04:51 PM
With my first, I was in maternity clothes by 6m though I could get by w/ some non maternity till 7-8m. I only gained 27lbs and most of that came towards the end (ds came at 42 weeks:)).

the third trimester is all about growing for baby so it doesn't surprise me that most women change the most then.

Beth

mecawa
10-23-2008, 08:52 PM
With both of my pregnancies I started wearing maternity clothes at about 5 1/2 months but most people still couldn't tell I was pregnant. It became really noticable at about 6 1/2 months.

pb&j
10-23-2008, 10:56 PM
I must show early. Full time in maternity clothes by 17 weeks, all three pregnancies. And I did not gain a lot - 23 lbs w/DS, and about the same rate/amt of weight gain so far with this one.

Snow mom
10-24-2008, 07:07 PM
I wore largely regular clothes that were a size or two larger than I would normally wear until 28-30 weeks. Sometime shortly after 30 weeks I started to actually see major changes and now at almost 35 weeks I swear my stomach gets bigger _daily_. Everyone seems to have different experiences with this but growth does seem to become exponential near the end of pregnancy. My rule has been that I'm not buying clothes unless they fit me now and I'm trying to minimize how much I buy total.

~Lisa

kijip
10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Depends on your body. Most women show later with their first than with subsequent pregnancies but this is not a hard and fast rule.

With my son, he was born in late June (just about on time, within 5 days of his due date) and I did not need maternity pants until April (but I bought some in late March I think) and did not wear them exclusively till the end of April, the beginning of May.

This time, I could use them by the end of the first trimester. I am a bit farther along than you and I can't wear anything but maternity pants even though I am actually still losing a touch of weight due to severe nausea (overall I am about 20 pounds lighter than I was pre pregnancy). The drop in weight means I can still use some of my pre pregnancy shirts and dresses. I looked pregnant immediately this time around. In fact looking at pictures of me from last time, my belly NOW looks like I did in late May/early June with T.