PDA

View Full Version : What movies for a 3 y.o.?

catpagmo
10-23-2008, 06:51 PM
I am thinking of buying a few movies for DD to watch once in a while. She recently saw Piglets Big Movie, and loved it. What are some other movies you can recommend for an almost 3 y.o.?

I must add that I am not a fan of Cinderella type movies, or even Bambi for that matter.:)

randomkid
10-23-2008, 07:08 PM
3.75yo DD loves musicals and has since before turning 3yo. Her favorites are Wizard of Oz (may be too scary for not yet 3yo), Annie (1980s version), and Mary Poppins. Others she liked at that age 101 Dalmations and Aristocats. Will post more later if I think of them.

SnuggleBuggles
10-23-2008, 08:20 PM
My ds loved all the Pixar movies at that age. I'll keep thinking.

Beth

Tondi G
10-23-2008, 09:41 PM
If she liked Piglets big movie then you might consider the other Winnie the Pooh themed movies

The Tigger Movie
Pooh's Heffalump Movie

The Pixar movies are great

Toy Story 1 and 2
CARS
Finding Nemo
Monsters Inc
The Incredibles

My 3 year old loves The Little Einsteins too

Charlottes Web ... the newer live action one with Dakota Fanning

mamalia
10-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Musicals! Besides Annie and Mary Poppins that were already mentioned...
Sound of Music is a HUGE favorite

Melaine
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Milo and Otis....my girls LOVE it. It is like $5 at Walmart. It does have some semi-graphic dog and cat birthing scenes that kind of surprised me, just so that you have a heads up. But it is really cute, especially if your lo likes animals!

fivi2
10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Have you tried the nature ones like Winged Migration or Microcosmos? I haven't yet, but a friend said her ds loved those (about the same age). We have done some of the Planet Earth dvds and Sunrise Earth on the discovery science or something channel.

My almost 3s like the Pooh Heffalump movie mentioned above.

anamika
10-23-2008, 11:59 PM
DD (4 yo) just started watching movies so I am interested in recs too. We went for really old movies like Chitti-Chitti Bang Bang and The Absent minded professor.
We also saw Charlotte's web also. I will admit I did not get this movie at all (I haven't read the book) - couldn't the spider have written Save the pig or Don't eat the pig? But I digress....those are the only ones DD has watched so far and she liked all of them.

cvanbrunt
10-24-2008, 04:29 AM
Cars is the favorite around here. Charlotte's Web, Curious George, A Bug's Life and Babar have been in the rotation recently. I love the other Pixar movies as well, but some have scared the bejeezus of DD. Ratatouille and Finding Nemo, for example.

randomkid
10-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I love the other Pixar movies as well, but some have scared the bejeezus of DD. Ratatouille and Finding Nemo, for example.

The only part of Nemo that DD found scary was the beginning with the big fish. Even the sharks didn't scare her. We just used scene selection and skipped over the scary fish part.

catpagmo
10-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Ok, these are great suggestions! I was thinking about Mary Poppins, and the Aristocats. I'm not so sure about the Pixar movies yet, though. I haven't heard of/seen Milo and Otis, but DD loves animals, so I'll check that out, too.

What about The Jungle Book? I haven't seen it, but it seems to be very popular on Amazon. The same with Sound of Music, I haven't seen it yet, but it also seems to be popular.

If you think of anything else, please share!

Thanks!

randomkid
10-24-2008, 10:07 PM
What about The Jungle Book? I haven't seen it, but it seems to be very popular on Amazon. The same with Sound of Music, I haven't seen it yet, but it also seems to be popular.

If you think of anything else, please share!

Thanks!

My DD wasn't too crazy about Sound of Music, but she did like The Jungle Book. DD goes through phases, so I had to get a chance to look at our movies. Others she has really liked:

Peter Pan
Stuart Little
Chicken Little
Happy Feet