PDA

View Full Version : Help me word a card for DD's teacher who just had surgery for breast cancer

happymomma
10-23-2008, 08:19 PM
I just found out that DD's assistant teacher had breast cancer and has been out for a bit. She's a really private person and the main teacher said to just send her a card. She was insistent that we not send anything to her. Except, I'm really horrible at wording it. So I bought a card today and would love for some suggestions on how to word it.

So the card reads in the front:

Sending you sunny smiles, warm wishes, and healing thoughts....

On the inside:
Hope today finds you feeling much better

Was that appropriate? Now I'm second guessing myself. I bought it with the kids at the store and it was a madhouse with the 2 kids running about.

So I was going to write something like this:

Mrs. XX,

We wanted to let you know that you are in our thoughts. DD misses you a lot and we can't wait to see you when you return. Please let us know if there's anything you would need.

Best,

Happymomma

XXXX

So I've been procrastinating sending this card b/c I stress over what I write and what I don't write. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to write to let her know that she is in our thoughts and that DD misses her a lot.

Thanks so much for reading it so far.

elephantmeg
10-24-2008, 12:38 AM
that sounds awesome. So nice of you to do a card!

tarabenet
10-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Why would you think that sounds inappropriate? I think it sounds thoughtful, upeat and not-too-peronal. Just right!

Wife_and_mommy
10-24-2008, 01:08 AM
I agree with PP. Write it and send it off. :)

happymomma
10-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks everyone! I am so unsure of these things and I really don't want to do anything that would make her feel uncomfortable. But I'm glad to hear that this card passed the test. She's such a wonderful teacher and person.

skygoddess
10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Ditto everything said above. It sounds wonderful, and I think the teacher will really appreciate it. Kudos to you for tackling a sensitive issue and showing support.

Carrots
10-24-2008, 12:32 PM
I am jumping in here late, but I think your card sounded perfect!