PDA

View Full Version : Thick, good quality tights?

EllasMum
10-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Does anybody know where I can find thick, good quality tights in about size 4 or 5? OK I must admit I haven't looked around that much but thought I'd check here to see what other folks have found. I really covet the Hanna tights, but just can't bring myself to pay the duty, shipping etc.

TIA!

bubbaray
10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
I like the LE tights. BUT, with duty and LE's increased shipping, not sure I like them THAT much, KWIM?

I've heard good things about the LLBean ones. They have a free shipping code that works in Canada until December 2008 and if you order $50 or more (not including shipping and duty/taxes), you get a $10 gift card. The trick with that is if you have an order over $50 to split up your orders (over different days -- can only earn 1 GC per day). so, if you are ordering $100+ in product, split it up, use the FS code (as many times as you want until it expires) and get 2 GCs.

You can also use the GC and the FS code together once you get them. Takes about 1-2w to get the GC in the mail.

I also bought DD#1 some Old Navy tights, and George brand from Walmart. I quite like the Please Mum ones, but they are always sold out it seems.

WatchingThemGrow
10-24-2008, 01:46 PM
We bought some LL Bean ones 2nd hand, and they are in great shape. They seemed very warm and strong. Good shopping tips, Melissa.

EllasMum
10-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I'll check out the LL Bean ones, thanks! Good tips about the gift cards, too. DD does have a few pairs of George ones, and they are ok, but a little long through the torso or something... they just fit a bit weird, KWIM? Every time I try to buy Old Navy ones, they are out of stock, but I will try them again.

Thanks everyone for your replies/suggestions!

vludmilla
10-25-2008, 09:54 AM
LL Bean has a sale on their tights...8.95 I think for two pairs in the size you want. They sell out quickly so hurry!

EllasMum
10-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks, Vludmilla!! That is a terrific price on the tights. Looks like it is last season's colors, but luckily they had pink so that's all DD cares about. ;) I also got the snowflakes ones, and a couple of their knit dresses (pink stripes and also the blue stripes). Of course, I had to bring it up to $50 to get the gift card (thanks, Melissa!) so I also bought a clearance long sleeved t-shirt (layer type). Great deals!! All that cost only $65 including duties! Woohoo!!

Thanks again for the tips!

nrp
10-25-2008, 03:51 PM
I have several pairs of the LL Bean tights and I think they are just as good as Hanna, but a lot cheaper.