PDA

View Full Version : Which Elmo toy to get, if any...?

HIU8
10-24-2008, 02:24 PM
DD suddenly loves Elmo. She is almost fixed on Elmo. She is 16 months. DH and I are thinking about getting her an Elmo toy for Hanukkah. Is the new Elmo (can't remember what it is called) worth it?

bubbaray
10-24-2008, 02:26 PM
My DD#2 has a little Elmo from Target (~ $5, just stuffed, d/n do anything). She's scared of DD#1's Elmo TMX.

egoldber
10-24-2008, 02:46 PM
I was going to say, we have two small simple stuffed Elmos left over from Sarah. Amy is an official Elmo NUT and she loves carrying them around. One if pretty small, maybe 6" tall? and she loves carrying the little one around.

fivi2
10-24-2008, 02:48 PM
same as pps. We have small stuffed ones - they don't like the talking ones.

momtoonegirl
10-24-2008, 02:58 PM
My mom bought DD an Elmo stuffed toy for Christmas last year. It doesn't talk. It is soft, and she still loves to snuggle with it now.

Here is the link: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2734211

It is long, but is on the slightly thinner side, so it isn't too big.

HTH :)

annasmom
10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
My dd has slept with her stuffed Elmo every night since she got him on her first birthday (so four years!) - and she doesn't even like Sesame Street anymore! My ds#2 sleeps with one as well - he also got it for his first birthday.

The talking Elmos have never gone over very big with my kids. We have a larger stuffed Elmo from Build A Bear that never gets played with either.

WatchingThemGrow
10-24-2008, 03:31 PM
My stepfather got that giggling chair for when we visit them. SO glad it stays 2 states away :) We don't really watch SS, so I don't think DD or DS know who Elmo is.

malphy
10-24-2008, 04:52 PM
The Elmo Live is large and not soft and cuddly although it is adorable. DD has a small plush Elmo that she carries around.

catpagmo
10-24-2008, 05:25 PM
My DD was/is terrified of the TMX Elmo. My dad (who has no clue) bought it for DD for Xmas last year. Scared the snot out of her!

clb
10-24-2008, 09:34 PM
I got DS one from BRU. I couldn't find a picture online. It doesn't look exactly like Elmo compared to the other dolls but it is machine washable. He loves Elmo because of pampers. Elmo was his third word- mama, dada, elmo.... wasn't even watching SS.