PDA

View Full Version : Mirena users and TMI?

sidmand
10-24-2008, 02:33 PM
How long did it take for things to *normalize?*

I had the Mirena inserted about 8 weeks PP, so about 4 months ago? I think I've only had one period to speak of, but there's been a lot of what I guess would be spotting. Sometimes more than spotting. And it seems to be almost all the time.

I know the Mirena doesn't work for everyone. I had A LOT of pain when it was inserted. They said it would cramp but it was way more than cramps. And it took a good month before it didn't hurt at all. But I'm wondering how long to give it before deciding it's not working so well...other than the spotting, most of it's better now though.

elephantmeg
10-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Hmm. Our kids are close in age and I've felt pretty normal for several months now. No spotting in prob 2-3 months

kijip
10-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I was a little sore and crampy for the day I got it placed but nothing after that and never anything but random, light spotting. I was not close to the time I gave birth when it was placed however, so maybe that is a factor. I do know women who have had to get them out because they never got comfortable with them or always spotted on them.

I hope you get it figured out soon.

Karenn
10-24-2008, 03:09 PM
I think I gave up after about a year and a half or so of spotting. I was miserable because each episode of totally unpredictable spotting came with horrible mood swings. I was spotting several times a month. I had it taken out and felt like a new woman!

lizajane
10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
i stopped spotting after about 3 months. that said, i am probably getting mine out because i have horrifying PMS and other side effects often attributed to mirena.

sidmand
10-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Hmmm. It sounds like maybe it's not working so well for me! I think I'll give it a little longer and see and then maybe have it removed.

Right now I'm having the totally unpredictable spotting too. And maybe the mood swings? I thought it was just because I was so tired, but maybe there's another reason. Something to think about...

Swimfreak78
10-25-2008, 08:07 PM
i stopped spotting after about 3 months. that said, i am probably getting mine out because i have horrifying PMS and other side effects often attributed to mirena.

I'm thinking of having a Mirena. For those that have had it taken out - did you just switch to the pill?

Karenn
10-26-2008, 01:59 AM
I'm thinking of having a Mirena. For those that have had it taken out - did you just switch to the pill?

Dh had a "procedure." ;) When I got the Mirena, we were pretty sure we were done anyway, so it made sense for us to take the next step when the Mirena wasn't working out.