PDA

View Full Version : Would you recommend your hand mixer?

ha98ed14
10-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Would you recommend your hand mixer?

I just need something to do the occational cake batter or cream eggs, sugar and butter... Probably won't use it more than 6 times a year, but with the holidays coming I thought now would be a good time to get one.

LarsMal
10-25-2008, 07:30 PM
I've had mine for six years, use it once a month, maybe more. I haven't had any problems with it. Now, what it is...I don't know! I'll edit this after I run downstairs and look in the cabinet!

ETA: It's a Hamilton Beach 5-speed. Pretty basic, I think!

ShanaMama
10-25-2008, 07:51 PM
I never use my handmixer because I have a 'zhoomer' that I love. That is the name we invented because that's what we call it in this house. I believe the technical term is immersion blender. It's a stick that comes with various attachments. The immersion blender is great to stick in a pot of soup and blend or to make salad dressing. It also comes with a single beater which can be used for beating eggs. I've never used it for cakes but don't see why it can't be.

LBW
10-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Mine's the basic KitchenAid handmixer. I've had it for 7 years, and I really like it.

caleymama
10-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Mine's the basic KitchenAid handmixer. I've had it for 7 years, and I really like it.

Change that to 8 years and that's my answer. We've never gotten around to getting a stand mixer because this really meets all of our mixer needs.

beansprout13
10-25-2008, 08:37 PM
:yeahthat:

I've had my KitchenAid for 7 years and it still works perfectly!

egoldber
10-25-2008, 08:39 PM
I also love my KA hand mixer. I tend to use instead of my stand mixer for almost everything. We got one as a wedding present and it lasted 15 years and we replaced it with another one. :)

JTsMom
10-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Love my KA too! I got a great deal on it through Amazon years ago. It has the regular beaters and the whisks.