PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Costco...

BillK
10-26-2008, 12:30 PM
My wife is the treasurer of Zach's preschool and they're having their annual art show next month.

When she was at Costco the other day she asked the service desk about possibly donating some cookies for it. They informed that they cannot donate product - however - if she sent the marketing girl there a letter on the preschool letterhead requesting a donation that they'd he happy to give her a $50 Costco Gift Card to use to buy what they need. I'm very impressed that they're being so generous.

kijip
10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
My wife is the treasurer of Zach's preschool and they're having their annual art show next month.

When she was at Costco the other day she asked the service desk about possibly donating some cookies for it. They informed that they cannot donate product - however - if she sent the marketing girl there a letter on the preschool letterhead requesting a donation that they'd he happy to give her a $50 Costco Gift Card to use to buy what they need. I'm very impressed that they're being so generous.

Works at all of the big boxes and many grocery stores as well. Helps to cycle through merchants when making such requests. Target managers can do $100 gift cards, most grocery stores will do $25-250 a pop.

Costco has given me tens of thousands of dollars of store credit for various purposes at work. They are especially wonderful with community programs.

Emmas Mom
10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
One more reason for me to love Costco! :)

wellyes
10-26-2008, 07:58 PM
FWIW, the local BJ's has a very bad reputation around here for not giving, and doing stuff like refusing to let the Knights of Columbus guys put up on a donation table in front of the store. So, not all stores are good neighbors and it's great to recognize those who are.

hellokitty
10-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow, that's cool. I never even thought to ask before. I do a lot of work for non-profit organizations and will have to give it a try some time.

DrSally
10-26-2008, 10:49 PM
That's nice. I was amazed at how many donations we got for my dad's benefit. It never hurts to ask. I would check Target too, they are very good about that stuff.

Happy 2B mommy
10-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I just finished a fundraiser last night. Costco also helped me out for supplies and gave a $25 gift card for us to raffle off.

MamaKath
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Also try local restaurants, especially chains. They often will donate fit cards to raffle as fund raisers