PDA

View Full Version : SNL...trick or treating sex offender skit? Seriously?

wendibird22
10-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm a big fan of SNL usually. I don't always find all the skits funny, but I'm typically not offended by any of them. That was until this Saturday night's trick or treating sex offender skit. The guy is going door-to-door saying he is dressed up as a sex offender for Halloween as a way to meet the neighbors. But he really is a sex offender and really going door-to-door to get the neighbors to sign a form confirming that they've been notified that he is living in the neighborhood. NOT FUNNY. I can't believe that as the writers were sitting around the table thinking this one up that no one thought that perhaps it wasn't a good idea.

brittone2
10-27-2008, 10:48 AM
I missed this, but it sounds pretty blech.

I was dozing off and on during SNL, but I did catch the Robocall skit. That was pretty amusing at least :ROTFLMAO:

Fairy
10-27-2008, 10:58 AM
I wasn't offended. It wasn't :hysterical: funny, but I thought it was ok. What made it work was how he was dressed, the first thing I thought of was that he looked like a sex offender. What would have been alot funnier, tho, would have been if they'd gone with the adult trick or treating without him being a sex offender. If they could have done somethign with that, that would have been funny.

My least favorite part of SNL these days is the digital shorts. They get all this play and folks like them, but I think they're completely unfunny more often than not. Now Dick in a Box? Yeah, that was hysterical. There were some other gems there, no question. But usually, I'm like, huh?

Poehler's Palin rap during Weekend Update was hysterical last week. I was also astounded that she was still there Thursday. Loved the love song for Amy. So nice.

LarsMal
10-27-2008, 02:31 PM
I wasn't offended. It wasn't :hysterical: funny, but I thought it was ok. What made it work was how he was dressed, the first thing I thought of was that he looked like a sex offender.

My least favorite part of SNL these days is the digital shorts. They get all this play and folks like them, but I think they're completely unfunny more often than not. Now Dick in a Box? Yeah, that was hysterical. There were some other gems there, no question. But usually, I'm like, huh?

Poehler's Palin rap during Weekend Update was hysterical last week. I was also astounded that she was still there Thursday. Loved the love song for Amy. So nice.

Yes, yes and yes! As soon as I saw him I looked at DH and said, "He's a sex offender." I wasn't "offended", but it got old really quick. I also agree it could've been funnier if he really wasn't.

Digital shorts- they should've stopped with Dick in a Box! You just can't top that- unless JT comes back and does another one. They are all so stupid now. The vomitting one last week- I had to cover my eyes. Bleh!

Was not surprised Amy Poehler wasn't there Saturday. Baby Archie couldn't wait until after the election, I guess. What was the love song for Amy? I fell asleep during Weekend Update.