PDA

View Full Version : Spinoff: are any cross-body handbags in now?

pastrygirl
10-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm also looking for a new handbag. I've never bought a pricey bag, but in the past year, I've gotten into nicer diaper bags... so now I'd like a nicer handbag. My budget still isn't very high, maybe $150 max. I've heard about Roots bags but I've never seen them IRL.

I have narrow shoulders so I need something that I can wear cross-body. I pack very light -- as in Coach Swingpack light, though I'd like something a tiny bit bigger than that.

Thanks for any help!

hellokitty
10-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Don't know if you like vera bradley or not, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the VB cargo sling. It is perfect as a diaper bag to be worn across your body. It lays nicely against your body. They are discontinuing the cargo sling in December. So, if you want one, get one soon. I have one in mod floral pink and I love it and gets tons of compliments for it. I has an adjustable strap, two big pockets in the front, perfect for keys, cell phone, tissues, and on each end there is a pocket to hold a bottle of water or sippy cup. Go to www.verabradley.com to find your local store to check it out in person. One other added plus (and keep in mind I went through a HUGE diaper bag phase and spent waaaay too much $ on them), since it is fabric it is not only light, BUT washable too. Since having kids, I realize the importance of things being light in weight and washable as well. Good luck!