PDA

View Full Version : First Time Baby Wearer with Big Boobs

kjreif
10-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm currently pregnant with #2, and I'm trying to find a good way to wear this baby. The my first baby, I had a baby bjorn and I found it incredibly uncomfortable, mostly cause of my really large chest. But, I'm thinking I'd really like to try and wear this one a lot more. I'm finding the world of baby wearing to be a little overwhelming to say the least. Can someone help me find the right one??

A few things to keep in mind...

1. It's a May baby, so it'll be pretty hot out. (I know, planning ahead - just trying to ask for the carrier for a christmas gift)

2. I'm not planning on really carrying the baby for long periods of time after it's mobile.

3. I have a very large chest (36H, and I know they'll be growing more once I start nursing) and I'm concerned about the comfort of the carrier.

4. I'm assuming all carriers are very secure, but I imagine that i'll be spending a lot of time wearing #2 while chasing #1 around the playground - so I want to be sure that it's really secure.

5. I'd be willing to spend a decent amount of money if I could find a great carrier - so I'm not overly concerned about the cost of it.

I'd really appreciate any advise you can pass my way.

Thanks!
Kelly

deenass
10-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm a "no fuss" kind of girl when it comes to cariers. I HATED the bjorn, I found it very uncomfortable.

Withe DS1 I had an loved my maya wrap (I was a 40 G-H at the largest). With DS 2 I got a "babies without borders" carrier which was like a hybrid - the part around my waist was structured but the top paert was a tie wrap.

I spent about an hour and a half trying on different wraps when my son was a few weeks old which helped to determine what was comfortable with him.

JacksMommy
10-30-2008, 06:58 PM
I would go for a stretchy wrap (like the Moby or a Bali Baby Stretch) or a ring sling. Both are adjustable, and great to use with newborns.

mommylamb
10-31-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm a DD (though I was a DDD when I was nursing), and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ergo. I had a bjorn when DS was little and it hurt my back, though I don't think the boobs caused any problems with it. The ergo is the best thing ever though.