PDA

View Full Version : sales fliers question

frgsnlzrds
10-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I'm not sure where to post this, but I have a question about getting sales fliers. I moved from right next to Woodfield Mall basically, to the middle of nowhere. I have to do all my shopping on line! But my biggest complaint is the sunday paper. It was my favorite thing to do on sunday, but the local paper has maybe three ads. I cannot get the chicago trib delivered and the ones I've bought around here also have no ads. DS is bitterly disappointed that he didn't get the toys r us big book this year. I'm really upset that I'm going to miss the big thanksgiving one. You know, the three foot high one? lol. So...does anyone else have this problem? Where do you find the sales, besides spending hours googling each store online?

Momof3Labs
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Are there any larger cities in proximity to you? You may be able to get the ads in one of their Sunday papers. Otherwise, the stores normally post their ads online every week - you don't need to spend hours googling for the info. Go to target.com or staples.com or cvs.com or kohls.com (etc etc etc) to view the weekly ads. If you sign up for e-mails, you may get a direct link on Saturday so that you can preview the ads. Some stores (esp the department stores) will send the ads directly, too, if you are on their mailing list (or have a credit card with them).

ray7694
10-28-2008, 12:35 PM
You can get many papers mailed to you. My friend moved out of state and still gets our paper...

WatchingThemGrow
10-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Here you go...

Slickdeals.net has a Black Friday Forum where they post all the ads and see what people are saying about them. See the first post. They will keep adding to it.

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=968553

I found it helpful last year, although I have to say that TRU book has entertained DD for about 3 hours since she found it yesterday. I hate to get her in the consumerism thing, but since she doesn't really GO to any stores or see any commercials, I figure she just thinks it is a book. hopefully...

shburks
10-28-2008, 03:30 PM
My best advice is to drive to a grocery store/convenience store and buy the newspaper for the biggest town in your area. I.e. go buy the Chicago Tribune for all the ads. Likewise, find somewhere open on Thanksgiving Day and buy the BIG paper! Some ads get left out for non-home delivery, but you'll still get most of them. As for the TRU one, it actually came in the mail to us. I must be on the mailing list or something!

frgsnlzrds
10-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the all the suggestions!