PDA

View Full Version : Babies Having Babies

irie i
10-28-2008, 05:10 PM
This isn't what you think its gonna be about. It's about me...and I'm 29 years old - hardly a baby. :loveeyes:

I want the Tinkerbell DVD so bad! hahaha! Before I knew for sure I was having a boy (I had a feeling and somehow knew deep down its a boy) I decided if I was having a girl she was going to have a faerie forest themed nursery. I fell so in love with the idea and talked it up so much that I told my Sweetie I wanted to follow through even for a boy. Hahaha I described in such detail everything I had planned that I even got him to admit "you know that does sound pretty cool..."

Does anyone have the Tinkerbell DVD? How is it? I'm such a kid!
Are any of you like that? I still tote my pearl pink Nintendo DS around and love the Mario games the most. hehe. In a few years I see myself teaching my boy how to play Nintendo WII or whatever is out at that time! :)

s7714
10-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I :love-retry: Tinkerbell! I bought it today, but haven't watched it yet. I'm planning to watch it tonight with my DDs!

irie i
10-28-2008, 07:27 PM
OOh please do tell how you liked it! :)

Melaine
10-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I want to know too....very curious

pinkmomagain
10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
My 3 yo has watched it 3x already and I bought it today! I haven't really paid attention to it...but the best part is that it isn't "scary"....which is very important to dd at this age. My 9 yo and 12 yo said it was pretty good! There is even a coming attraction for another Tinkerbell dvd to be released soon. So, you can start a collection :-)

lizajane
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
dude, i am so in the tinkerbell closet. i have two boys and no need for a tinkerbell DVD. i think i am going to invite myself over to babysit some friends' kids just so i can watch it. ;)

KrisM
10-28-2008, 08:19 PM
My mom picked it and the toddler doll up this morning for DD. She'll get it Sunday. She is Tinker Bell for Halloween and just loves her! Tinker Bell underwear finished off potty training, too.

Emmas Mom
10-28-2008, 09:13 PM
We got Tinkerbell today & watched it this afternoon! I have to say it was pretty cute. It's only 78 minutes long so it kept my girls attention pretty well. :D

s7714
10-29-2008, 12:03 AM
Well, I liked it a lot. It kept my 5.5 year olds interest, but my 3 year old varied from laughing hysterically over it to a total lack of interest. And my 3 year old is the one who constantly screams "ITS TINKERBELL!!!!" whenever she catches sight of something with her on it.

The only thing I didn't like about it were a couple parts where fairies or animals were basically hurt for a laugh. Both my DDs kept asking if a squirrel was going to be o.k. after one scene, to the point I had to stop the movie.

It's clear they've put a lot of thought and detail into this new little world. I've been forcing myself to not look at all the books they've been putting out, out of fear I'll be compelled to buy them all, but I might cave.

The next movie is coming out Fall 2009, BTW. I admit I'm already excited about it too!

ETA: I forgot to mention that I love the fact Loreena McKennitt is the narrator! I love her music.

bubbaray
10-29-2008, 12:06 AM
On my list of things to buy. DD#1's bedside lamp is Tinkerbell. She had Tink all over her walls when I got to decide, but at age 4.5, she's already demanded they be removed in favor of Ariel.

irie i
10-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Aww I want it. As far as the animals being hurt for fun...*shakes head* Disney always has to insert questionable things into their movies. ALWAYS.

Melaine
10-30-2008, 01:29 PM
So....for those of you who have seen it, do you think my two two year old girls would prefer it to Sleeping Beauty. I mean, it's a little more on their level, right? I'm just asking because I have this juicy juice rebate for one or the other.....and I'm not sure they are really ready for Sleeping Beauty although I kind of want it myself!