PDA

View Full Version : I *knew* I was right!!!

LarsMal
10-28-2008, 05:25 PM
I had my nuchal translucency u/s today. My appointment was at 2:00. I showed up and checked in. The receptionist went to the computer, then asked my name again, looked again and said, "Oh, you were scheduled for 10:00 this morning. You missed your appointment." Now, I know I've got some pregnancy brain going on, but I KNEW it was 2:00. I told her no, that the letter I received said 2:00 10/28. She told me I'd have to wait a while, but they'd get me in.

DH had come from work, and was not happy about having to wait an unknown amount of time. Finally, an HOUR later, the called me back! The tech did her u/s and then went to check my bloodwork results. Of course, the lab has my bloodwork, but the results haven't been posted...so the nurse doesn't know if the doctor will be able to tell me anything. She goes to get him and he does ANOTHER scan!

Good thing is the measurements were within normal, they just need to compare that to my blood results and then let me know.

I came home and immediately went to my letter...sure enough it says 2:00! GRRRR...I feel like sending it to them and saying, "See! I wasn't the one who messed up!"

Oh well, at least it's done!

SnuggleBuggles
10-28-2008, 05:30 PM
I would fax that letter in a heartbeat!

I'm glad all went well though!

Beth

elektra
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Glad it all worked out.
I had mine last week. Measurements also within normal. Still waiting on the blood results now.
But after waiting an hour in the waiting room, I was on the table with the tech doing the scan, and she tells me, "you are only measuring 11 weeks and you have to be 11 weeks and 1 day. You will have to come back." I did the math in my head real quick and either way you count, from LMP or from the day of conception (which I am pretty certain of) I would either be 11w4 d or 11w1d. I told her as much and I don't know what she did but she said that she was in fact able to get the measurement afterall. Phew! I was glad I didn't get nasty. :)
I also mentioned the finger prick thing after reading about it here, when they did mine in the lab there and the girl told me she had never even heard of that.