PDA

View Full Version : Good price on Kaboost?

Melaine
10-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Finally grasping the reality that we cannot afford one, much less two Tripp Trapp chairs that I have been wanting, I thought these might be a cheap alternative for the girls for christmas. I saw someone on Amazon said they got one for $7 at walmart, but sadly none of our walmarts even carry them. TIA!!

Also any reviews would be appreciated. Any what age were you successfully able to use it? Thanks!!!

MaddiesMommy
10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I've seen them at BJs, but I don't remember how much they were. Sorry!

Melaine
10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't think we have BJs....is that a wholesale club?

MaddiesMommy
10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Yup, sorry! Have you checked Craigslist for Tripp Trapps?

Melaine
10-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Yes soooo many times. I live in SC and I have decided that we are the last in line for all the cool products and trends. NO ONE I know has even heard of TTs....The closest spot the might be is Atlanta...

jerigirl
10-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Our BRU use to have them in store but now the website says online only. So I don't know if they are/have clearanced them out of the store. DS starting using the Kaboost just before his second birthday. He was able to climb into and out of the elevated chair and reach the table adequately but he realized he could get down whenever he wanted. Now we have the battle of keeping him at the table.

Melaine
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
yes that is definitely a concern.....

nfowife
10-29-2008, 11:46 AM
FYI, we have a kaboost and a kinderzeat. When we moved recently, I didn't bring my highchair and moved DS into the KZ and DD into the kaboost. I'm not really happy with the kaboost. It makes the chair heavy and hard to slide in and out (so DD cannot get in and out of the chair herself). I wish we had sprung for another kinderzeat or even a hipposmile copycat but at the time we moved they didn't have a black one and my kitchen set (and kz) are black. Now they have black and I'm kicking myself that I don't have one but they don't ship to me overseas so I'm out of luck :) .

Melaine
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks, jerigirl (and everyone else). You were right, they were clearancing them at my BRU. They were 20.98 (only green available though). They also gave me the illusive twins discount (10%) which only made me annoyed.
I swear, I've bought two of the same items HUNDREDS of times in the last three years and this was the FIRST time I was given the discount. But anyway, got two Kaboosts for $40....yay!!!

jerigirl
10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Great! I am glad you found some. Decent price too!