PDA

View Full Version : tripp trapp Questions

ht265
10-29-2008, 07:59 AM
I have been eyeing for a tripp trapp for my son, somehow I missed the greatbeginning offer when it first started. Now they only have limited color left. Anyone has a black one? How do you like the color? I assume it should match with most of the colors in the dinner room. I can't go to the store myself since my OB put me on limited physical activity for my current pregnancy. Also anyone what's the difference between 2008 model and older model (I believe they have the older model)? I only need it for toddler sea, not for infant. Thanks a lot.

WatchingThemGrow
10-29-2008, 08:01 AM
I have a black Kinderzeat I got off CL for $60 with a cushion. Very nice. Blends in with the mahogany table. Obviously since it is a KZ, I have can't compare it to the newer Stokke models.

elliput
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
Over the years the design of the chair has not changed - with the exception of adding the harness. I think the only thing that changes from year to year are the finish choices.

ht265
10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
My floor close to mahagony color, I'm planning to get similar color or walnut color for my dinner table.

ahrimie
10-29-2008, 01:11 PM
i just bought the black one!

i have wooden floors.. i'd say, a medium finish (not too dark or light) and white kitchen cabinets with dark granite countertops. my kitchen table is a light granite top (a bit of pink and brown in there) with light medium wood. bc my countertops are dark, i bought antique finished black stools from pottery barn... hence, the black tripp trapp to match the stools. i personally like it sticking out from the rest of the chairs.. i got the baby rail and the zoo print cushion.

i really liked the walnut color but they didn't have anymore. the cherry color looks like a medium wood finish, inbetween the natural and walnut. that might be a good choice too.

ht265
10-29-2008, 10:02 PM
I'll go for it before the sale ends. By what age kid will want to get out it to a regular chair?