PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella stroller for a heavy 5yr old

luvmypeanut
10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
I need it only for Disneyland. We always bring two single strollers but this trip DH has to take a side trip to SF for 3 days while I remain at DL with the kids. DL does not rent double strollers so I'm stuck because DD never rides EXCEPT when we we're at DL. I have a BJCM for DS. Usually we're out all day and DD has never expressed interest in standing on a board. At the mall, if she's really really tired they will both sit in the BJCM but DS gets tired of that pretty easily.

I have an 04 Techno XT but it's too narrow for either of them. I tried her last year in a Quest in NYC but it was a pain to push. She's 60pounds and 51" tall. I know kids her size aren't meant to be in strollers now but this is only for a 10 day trip. I also find that when the parks are crowded I can keep track of the kids easier with them in the stroller. I have a 07 Techno Twin and a BJCSD but I don't like traveling with them and actually plan to sell them.

Any ideas?

SnuggleBuggles
10-29-2008, 02:49 PM
duplicate*

strollerqueen
10-29-2008, 05:18 PM
The Techno XLR has a very wide seat, and has a 65 pound weight limit.

MamaKath
11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
ITA with Janet! The Techno XLR is probably your best bet. A Maclaren Major is a special needs stroller that would fit a larger kid, however it is not great when it comes to the push. You can find those used if you look hard, however it would not be high on my list. The only other option would be a hybrid stroller as far as fit.

Would one of the doubles you already have work and you sell it afterward?