PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who's ever stumped on what to feed their kids

jhrabosk
10-30-2008, 10:09 AM
My DD is a great eater, but I'm not sure her palate is this refined...this is pretty impressive stuff.

http://babylunchbox.blogspot.com/

boolady
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
That is pretty impressive, and my DD will eat a lot of things too. Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like a lot of food for a 15-month old to me.

Melaine
10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
wow....yeah I wonder how much she actually eats. And who is feeding her? does she dig in by herself with a little fork and knife at daycare or what? crazy....

mommylamb
10-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Mine will only eat Trader Joes "Chicken Drummets" and "Cod Sticks." so this is way beyond us... those of you who have non-picky kids are VERY lucky. I'm so envious.

Crayons
10-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Ds would probably like most of what is in those meals, but he'd eat about 1/4 of the amount -- that looks like the amount of food he eats in an entire day - and he is 2 1/2!

citymama
10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
My Dd would totally go for some of that stuff. She likes the weirdest stuff and is usually very adventurous! Last night we were grocery shopping and she begged me to buy her seaweed, which I did, and she proceeded to eat half the bag. Whaaa? I can't stand the stuff. She loves beets, olives, fish in any form, miso soup, Indian curry, pomegranate, broccoli raab, hummus, pesto, really good cheeses - she has a seriously yuppie palate. DH has a super-adventurous palate, so she must get it from him.

Please note: I have neither the time nor ability to prepare the kinds of meals in the pics, but I'm impressed by whoever did that!

mamicka
10-30-2008, 01:40 PM
Wow - I'd like to eat some of those meals myself! I think the complexity of the food would be wasted on my 15 mo but he could definitely eat that much & more every day.

trales
10-30-2008, 01:42 PM
That is about two days worth of food for us. DD will eat anything, when she will actually eat. Most of the time she just won't eat and it does not matter what it is.

WatchingThemGrow
10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I think DS (almost 1) could eat a couple of those meals in a sitting right now. He's trying to make up for not eating the last 11 mos.

I think I'll send this thread to DH and ask him to start making these kinds of lunches for the DC before he leaves for work :hysterical:

maestramommy
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I'd like to know how big those lunchboxes are. My kids would probably eat at least 50% of those foods, but that much?? Does she really pack those lunches for her baby every day? I'm such a slacker:loveeyes:

Maybe she can come over and pack them for me. I'D eat 'em!

ilfaith
10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Boy makes me feel bad about all those times I sent my son to school with a cream cheese sandwich, a handful of baby carrots and a cereal bar.

Think she ever slacks off and sends the kid out with an uncrustable sandwich and an overripe banana?

CAM7
10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Wow! I wish someone would cook for me like that!

That's just too much involvement for this household *ehem* 'me'...I think we'd end up with too much leftover food just trying to make that much of a variety?

lisams
10-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Maybe it's just the photos, but it looks like a lot of food for a 15-month old to me.

I thought that too, but it looks like the jars are babyfood jars, if that's the case then the rectangular container is probably not much bigger than a slice of bread and it looks shallow. Maybe it's used for lunch and snacks?

My DS would be all over that, he loves the strangest things! He gobbles up broccoli like it's candy and begs for more. My DD is the super picky one!

mommylamb
10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Also, just wanted to point out that her "about me" says she's a single mama. WOW is all I can say.

wendibird22
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I could totally see my DD eating those meals and all of them too. She eats like she has a hallow leg and yet she's barely 22lbs when clothed (at 15mos). I thought she was only eating big meals at dinner and figuring she must just pick at food at daycare. But oh no, the sitter said she scarfs down all her food there too. Last night she ate a whole string cheese, a rice cake, peas (about 1/4 C), ham (about the size of a credit card), and some spaghetti (maybe 6 full noodles). Oh and about 2/3 of a medium sized banana. She then nursed to bed 1hr later and 3 more times during the night. I have no idea where she's putting it all!!!!

maestramommy
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
I could totally see my DD eating those meals and all of them too. She eats like she has a hallow leg and yet she's barely 22lbs when clothed (at 15mos). I thought she was only eating big meals at dinner and figuring she must just pick at food at daycare. But oh no, the sitter said she scarfs down all her food there too. Last night she ate a whole string cheese, a rice cake, peas (about 1/4 C), ham (about the size of a credit card), and some spaghetti (maybe 6 full noodles). Oh and about 2/3 of a medium sized banana. She then nursed to bed 1hr later and 3 more times during the night. I have no idea where she's putting it all!!!!

Wow, your dd must be tall! At 15 months Arwyn was 18.5 lbs and I was totally :yay:because she gained 2 lbs in 3 months. She's short and chunky though. Yes, Arwyn would probably eat those meals. It's nice to have at least one hearty eater. But kind of spooky sometimes, don't you think?:p

BeachBum
10-30-2008, 05:54 PM
At 15 months my DS would have definitely eaten that type of variety/ texture. Now at 3--no way!

alirebco
10-30-2008, 06:31 PM
How old is her child? Wow!! And my 10 month old is eating Cheerios and barely anything else at the moment.

This reminds me of another blog but for older kids:
http://www.lunchnugget.com/

DrSally
10-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Wow! That looks amazingly good and healthy. Makes me feel guilty. I go for the easy many times. There's no way DS would touch beets ( I love them).