PDA

View Full Version : need some mojo! appointment for DS

megs4413
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
some of you may remember that DS had a seizure last spring. He had a full workup done and we saw a neurologist then and they decided that we would watch and wait to see if he ever had another one. We made it almost 6 mos without any issues, but this past sunday he had another seizure (thankfully not as bad as the first one). I'm completely and totally bummed and worried, but the most important thing right now is to get him back to the neurologist to figure out what to do. I called to get an appointment (and it took them two days to call me back!) and the nearest appointment she would offer me was December 22!!!! I cannot sit in worry like this until then. I'm sure you all know how that feels. I'm desperate for a better appointment time. The scheduler said she'd let the doc know that DS had another seizure, but it took her two days just to call me back to set up an appointment. I'm not exactly holding my breath that the doc's going to just get right back to me on it or anything (insert eye roll). so could you send us out some major BBB mojo that we can get an appointment like...NOW!? I'm worried for my baby! TIA!

brittone2
10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
nak-
sending quick appt wishes and good BBB mojo your way!

tnrnchick74
10-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I would call your son's PCP and tell him/her that your son had another seizure and can't get an appointment until Dec. Your ped should call the neurologist himself and ask fo an earlier appointment as this is a major change.

elektra
10-30-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes good luck. FWIW, I have epilepsy and it's now 100% controlled with medication. I have lived a normal, active life, playing competitive sports, having a baby, etc.
I know you don't yet know if it's epilepsy exactly, but just wanted to say that based on my own experience, there is a good chance he will be able to take some medication and be just fine.
Seizure disorders are more common than people realize I think.
So sorry about all the worry with the doctors! Hang in there!

npace19147
10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
good luck Megs, hope PC is doing well otherwise.

TaChapm
10-30-2008, 02:16 PM
Sending positive vibes your way. I was scared out of my mind when Jaci had her seizure. My Pediatrician was able to call and get her in earlier. Try calling them and see if they can get him in sooner.

Hope all goes well! Hang in there mama!

megs4413
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes good luck. FWIW, I have epilepsy and it's now 100% controlled with medication. I have lived a normal, active life, playing competitive sports, having a baby, etc.
I know you don't yet know if it's epilepsy exactly, but just wanted to say that based on my own experience, there is a good chance he will be able to take some medication and be just fine.
Seizure disorders are more common than people realize I think.
So sorry about all the worry with the doctors! Hang in there!

thanks. :) I have a seizure disorder that's well-controlled on medicine as well, so I know he'll be OK, i just want to get him going on medicine if that's what he needs. I'll try calling his PCP...though they weren't able to help me when he had the first seizure either. it was the cleft team that got him in to the neuro after the first seizure, so i guess i could try them, too.