PDA

View Full Version : 39 weeks pregnant and not feeling so hot.

swrc00
10-30-2008, 07:47 PM
The last two nights I have not felt well. I have been nauseous and felt like I had the flu. I came home and took a nap and then took my temperature. It was 100.2 I waited and took it later, because I knew I was probably hot from being under the covers. My temp is 99.7 Do you think I am coming down with something or is it just what to expect at the end of pregnancy.

I am almost 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Any guidance? If my temperature spikes again over 100, I am going to call the doctor. Should I take Tylenol? I have done fine with keeping liquids down, but have no desire to eat. I have had some cramping and Braxton Hicks. TIA

brittone2
10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Call your care provider just to be safe. It always helps to have them know what is going on.

That said, 2 nights before I went into labor with DS I felt super sick. We had eaten pork of some type for dinner, and I kept asking DH if he was sure he cooked it enough. (I kept mumbling about trichinosis LOL) I just had bad stomach pains, major nausea, and was hot/sweaty, etc. It was really not a good feeling. I was fine the next day, and went into labor the following morning. I'm guessing mine was hormonally driven.

SnuggleBuggles
10-30-2008, 07:54 PM
It sounds like you are just getting sick. Some moms get flu like symptoms (upset stomach) as a result of the prostaglandins at work ripening your cervix. Also, you could have stomach issues b/c nature is making more room for the baby. Some women don't have any digestive activity but it is normal.

But, with the fever it just sounds like the flu. Call if it makes you feel better. Know that odds are they won't worry if it is under 101.

In my early labor I ran a fever. The midwife's theory was because it was hard work. Not a great answer. :) But, my water was in tact and the fever was never that high (around 100.4 or lower) so we weren't worried.

Get some rest and feel better!!
Beth

Snow mom
10-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Flu like symptoms are an early sign of oncoming labor (hours to days before according to my little book from birth class.) They shouldn't have fever mixed in though so maybe you really are coming down with something? I think 100 F is the cutoff that I was told to call my doctor at. Hope it's a good sign rather than you getting sick.

~Lisa