PDA

View Full Version : How dare you Pottery Barn Kids!

MMMommy
10-30-2008, 11:04 PM
So I receive the latest Pottery Barn Kids catalog in the mail, and of course everything in the catalog is gorgeous, beautiful, to die for, etc. So as I gaze lovingly at the Palace Park Hotel Dollhouse and all its glorious beauty (a girl can dream, right?), I take a look at the price. $699. The nerve! And the beautiful dining room furniture set for this dollhouse? $79. Bathroom set? $69. Bedroom set? $89. Lobby set? $79. The yellow taxi (yep, just a little pretend taxi) that "completes" the set costs $39. It's bad enough that their stuff is so darn cute and aesthetically pleasing, but these prices are just ridiculous! And the house accommodates dolls up to 8" height. Isn't that an odd number? Not quite small like the Ryan's Room, not quite large like the Barbie. But just in between so that the only dolls that will magically fit the house are the Pottery Barn Kids Mini Palace Park Dolls sized perfectly at 8"h.

Sigh.

mommylamb
10-31-2008, 09:10 AM
It's amazing what they charge... and yes, it does all look so nice.

WatchingThemGrow
10-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Let's send some programmer DHs to their site to reprogram it to but the stuff at 10% of that price. What "secret codes" would you like to work this time?