PDA

View Full Version : TMI: Does anyone else's child...

ha98ed14
10-31-2008, 11:28 AM
...like to put their toys in the toilet? And these are not the bath toys. DD, of course, follows me in there when I gotta go. As soon as I stand up, she is right there ready to throw her toys in! This is SO gross. This last time, (5 mins ago) I said "Noooo!" kinda long and loud, which caught her by surprise and prevented the toys from taking a dirty dip, but I gotta be fast. What is this obsession with the porcelain throne?

Ceepa
10-31-2008, 11:55 AM
Do you have a toilet lock? Door lock? Can you put a little basket or bucket in the bathroom so she has an alternative place to drop toys when she strolls in. I don't know if it would work but worth a try.

I don't know why kids love the potty. Just this morning I walked past the bathroom and saw DD just lying across the open toilet, in her PJs. She told me she had to use it. OK great, but why hang off of it first? Eww.

o_mom
10-31-2008, 02:38 PM
I usually give them a square of TP if they follow me in and let them toss that in.

hillview
11-01-2008, 07:04 PM
My just over 1 year old LOVES the toilet more than anything. We keep the door closed for now but given 20 seconds he is WET! YUCK!
/hillary

elliput
11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
We just paid the plumber $150 to pull the commode in order to get a toy out. It was just small enough to get into the u-bend, but too big to get all the way through. :rolleye0014: